We need a Robotics Bring Up Technician (Software) to help scale our robot fleet by improving the consistency, repeatability, and quality of our robot bring-up and testing process.
Who You Are:
- Based in San Francisco (or commutable distance) or willing to relocate
- Experience troubleshooting hardware or electrical components
- Experience thoroughly running tests while meeting tight deadlines
- Experience with varying types of sensors
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Willingness to jump into new problems, finding the root cause, and continuously looking for improvements
- Interest in learning a new robotic system
- Attention to detail and quality
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Preferably, experience with Python or another programming language
- If there are items under the “Who You Are” section that you are working towards or would like to pursue, we still encourage you to apply. Our promise is that a real person is reviewing your application when received
What You’ll Do:
- Get to know a complex robotic system inside and out as it evolves
- Support the engineering team with the bring-up and validation of the growing robot fleet
- Improve the bring-up, handoff, and testing processes to handle larger volumes of robots
- Work with a motion tracking system to calibrate various sensors (i.e.LIDARs, encoders)
- Work with and improve our inhouse tools developed to assist in the validation process
- Support the software team with the testing and validation of software releases
- Maintain a sense of ownership over all the robots you will be bringing up
Why You Should Apply:
- Autonomy and support to grow into your career at a growing startup
- Excellent benefits, including fully covered medical, vision, and dental
- 401k matching
- A learning and development stipend
- The ability to work in a sweet office in SF with some pretty cool robots
- And of course the opportunity to work with some of the coolest people working on those robots in the Bay Area!
Safety at Canvas Construction is a top priority and we commit to provide safe working conditions. We provide proper training, protocols and PPE to all employees, regardless of their role. We expect employees to use safety best practices and ensure that their workspaces are clear of potential dangers.
This role operates in a hybrid work-room and office environment around moving mechanical parts and in conditions that include heat. Noise level may be loud at times. Someone in this role must be able to use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Additionally, this role requires constant movement and use of limbs inclusive of good manual dexterity to handle small parts, coordination and stamina.
Being fully vaccinated against Covid19 is a condition of employment at Canvas. We provide accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Canvas is an Equal Opportunity Employer - we do not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or any other way on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.