Canvas is looking for an eager and adaptive intern to support our field operations team for 3 months starting ASAP. Someone in this role would be expected to work in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Who You Are
- Open to working typical construction site hours [6am-2pm PT] at times. A portion of your time will be spent on construction sites executing tests and data collection.
- Background in construction
- Ability to write clear reports and present results
- Able to visit construction sites in the Bay Area and follow all safety guidelines
- Critical thinking - able to identify possible areas of improvement and provide hypothesis as to how to increase productivity
What You'll Do
- Conduct detailed time studies of our machine crews as they deploy machines on our job sites
- Identify and implement alternatives to in-person field observation for data collection such as coordinating cameras and reviewing/annotating footage
- Analyze time studies data to yield insights on production rates for various subtasks associated with both machine and manual work
- Identify and quantify areas of wasted or underutilized labor
- Identify correlations between time studies data and job site conditions and/or machine performance data
- Make recommendations on how to improve overall system productivity
Why You Should Join
- Support to grow into your career at a growing startup.
- The ability to work in a sweet office in SF with some pretty cool robots
- And of course the opportunity to work with some of the coolest people working on those robots in the Bay Area!
Canvas is an Equal Opportunity Employer - we do not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or any other way on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.