Who you are:
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and disciplines
- Experience with scalable processes development that bridge multiple disciplines
- Process-oriented mindset - always looking for ways to make a process more efficient, repeatable, scalable and automated
- Ability to quickly get up to speed in new technical areas
- Data-driven and experience with developing clear recommendations from the data collected
- Ability to manage projects against schedule in a fast-paced environment
- Open to working typical construction site hours [6am-2pm PT] at times. A portion of your time will be spent on construction sites executing tests and data collection.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Proficient computer skills in Google SuiteBachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Preferably, experience with test development
- Preferably, experience in the construction industry
- Preferably, experience with robotics systems
- Preferably, familiarity with hardware and software
- Preferably, work experience with the successful transfer of new technology from pilot to production
What you’ll do:
- Develop a set of high level requirements that new product features will be evaluated against to determine if and when they are ready for deployment in the field with our customers
- Develop and manage a site testing procedure for new product features (software and hardware) in the field with our R&D field crew, including coordinating and scheduling between the different relevant teams
- Foster strong engagement between the feature designers and field results
- Champion and standardize a system for communicating feedback to the development teams
- Find ways to capitalize on learnings from on-site tests
- Develop a system for evaluating the safety of new systems
- Define success metrics for new product features passed to customers. Use these results to continuously improve test processes
- Develop a handoff procedure to the production team that streamlines the creation of training and support materials
- Define and develop touch points between the product operations and engineering teams during new feature development, fostering a stronger culture of testing and user feedback
- Provide high level guidance to feature designers and test engineers
- If there are items under the “Who You Are” section that you are working towards or would like to pursue, we still encourage you to apply. Our promise is that a real person is reviewing your application when received.
- Autonomy and support to grow into your career at a growing startup.
- Excellent benefits, including fully covered medical, vision, and dental
- The ability to work in a sweet office in SF with some pretty cool robots
- And of course the opportunity to work with some of the coolest people working on those robots in the Bay Area!
This role operates primarily in a work-room environment around moving mechanical parts and in conditions that include heat. Noise level may be loud at times. Someone in this role must be able to move objects weighing up to 60 lbs., and use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Additionally, this role requires constant movement and use of limbs inclusive of good manual dexterity to handle small parts, coordination and stamina.
Canvas is an Equal Opportunity Employer - we do not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or any other way on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.