We need a Robotics Test Engineer to provide mechanical engineering support to help with the build out of our Generation 3 machine. Someone in this role will be working closely with the Project Management and Hardware teams. The person in this role will work on a variety of tasks, including but not limited to modeling, prototyping, data collection to assess the viability of ideas. This person will also present the results of their findings to the management and broader team. In this role someone will be working under the supervision and guidance of our Sr. Mechanical Engineer and working closely with our Project Manager.
Who You Are:
- Have B.S. Degree in Engineering or related field
- 1+ years of relevant experience running tests
- Comfortable using hand tools and setting up sensors
- Experience with data analysis and documentation
- Excellent communication skills
- Work independently and cross functionally
- use resources efficiently and effectively
- Experience producing high quality work while working with tight deadlines
- Have working knowledge of SOLIDWORKS
- Preferably, knowledge of Python or MATLAB
- Preferably, able to build simple test setups
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the engineering team to design tests to evaluate the performance of components and subsystems
- Systematically run tests, collect the data and document results
- Process test data to make recommendation on system design
- Manage time and schedule to ensure tests are completed by deadlines
- Meet with engineering teams and present results and recommendations
Why You Should Apply:
- If there are items under the “Who You Are” section that you are working towards or would like to pursue, we still encourage you to apply. Our promise is that a real person is reviewing your application when received.
- Autonomy and support to grow into your career at a growing startup.
- Excellent benefits, including fully covered medical, vision, and dental
- The ability to work in a sweet office in SF with some pretty cool robots
- And of course the opportunity to work with some of the coolest people working on those robots in the Bay Area!
Safety at Canvas Construction is a top priority and we commit to provide safe working conditions. We provide proper training, protocols and PPE to all employees, regardless of their role. We expect employees to use safety best practices and ensure that their workspaces are clear of potential dangers.
This role operates primarily in a work-room environment around moving mechanical parts and in conditions that include heat. Noise level may be loud at times. Someone in this role must be able to use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Additionally, this role requires constant movement and use of limbs inclusive of good manual dexterity to handle small parts, coordination and stamina.
Canvas is an Equal Opportunity Employer - we do not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or any other way on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.