We need a Drywall Finishing Technician to help us develop a new tool and process for high-quality drywall finishing.This person will play an essential role by helping with testing drywall finishing in a lab environment keeping a well-organized and safe workspace.
Who You Are:
- Have 1+ years of experience working with drywall, painting, general construction or as a technician
- Experience using basic hand tools (i.e. drills, saws, etc.)
- Comfortable operating machines (i.e. spray guns, etc.)
- Sharp organizational skills and excellent communication skills
- Experience with basic computer skills like Microsoft Office Suite or Google Suite
- Work collaboratively to achieve a common goal
- Eager to learn and grow
- Preferably, OSHA certified to operate a forklift
- Preferably, have knowledge of taping and drywall finishing
What You’ll Do:
- Set up tests by preparing drywall samples and setting up necessary equipment such as the electric sprayer
- Support the engineering team during testing
- Support the taping team by hanging sheetrock
- Maintain the machinery and equipment
- Maintain the inventory of consumables
- Create a clean, organized and safe work environment in the lab (i.e. empty water from compressor, vacuum, clean dust and dried mud)
- Support improving test fixtures
Why You Should Apply:
- If there are items under the “Who You Are” section that you are working towards or would like to pursue, we still encourage you to apply. Our promise is that a real person is reviewing your application when received.
- Autonomy and support to grow into your career at a growing startup.
- Excellent benefits, including fully covered medical, vision, and dental
- The ability to work in a sweet office in SF with some pretty cool robots
- And of course the opportunity to work with some of the coolest people working on those robots in the Bay Area!
Safety at Canvas Construction is a top priority and we commit to provide safe working conditions. We provide proper training, protocols and PPE to all employees, regardless of their role. We expect employees to use safety best practices and ensure that their workspaces are clear of potential dangers.
This role operates primarily in a work-room environment around moving mechanical parts and in conditions that include heat. Noise level may be loud at times. Someone in this role must be able to move objects weighing up to 50 lbs., and use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Additionally, this role requires constant movement and use of limbs inclusive of good manual dexterity to handle small parts, coordination and stamina.
Canvas is an Equal Opportunity Employer - we do not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or any other way on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.