We are looking for a Chief of Staff to support our growing leadership team to operate and communicate effectively. This individual will work cross-functionally to drive internal operations and special projects that will allow our company to scale successfully. Through a strong analytical mindset, our Chief of Staff will play an instrumental role in bringing together the different pieces of our strategy and coordinating work across departments.
Who You Are
- Excellent at wearing multiple hats and can pivot from one role to the other as needed, meeting with important stakeholders and making decisions
- Naturally organized and have an operational mindset with a proficiency for project management
- Skilled at communicating with numerous stakeholders and connecting work streams that would otherwise remain siloed
- Great at critical thinking and bring both qualitative and quantitative analytical approaches to your work
- Extremely resourceful with the ability to gather and organize information both from internal stakeholders and external parties
- Have at least 5 years of operations experience (preferably supporting C-level executives) in an ever-changing startup environment - including a proven track record of expert project management, superb attention to detail, and stakeholder management
What You'll Do
- Manage priorities: Monitor the health of the organization to identify key areas for improvement, make specific recommendations, and partner with the founders and executive team on carrying out initiatives to address them. Track progress to ensure important areas are on target and synthesize metrics to support company priority setting
- Oversee internal operations: Manage the OKR and annual planning processes, support with board meeting prep, and create decision-making frameworks ensuring that important information is clearly presented in the process. Prepare agendas, take notes, and assign action items at weekly staff meetings
- Enhance communications: Create frameworks for communicating company progress vertically and horizontally in the organization. Manage All Hands programming
- Spearhead special projects: Support the leadership team on company critical areas, lead core initiatives that fall outside the department leads, and ensure that key executive priorities are executed on and brought to completion
Why You Should Join
- Directly report to the CEO while working closely with the entire executive team
- The opportunity to grow your career and develop critical skills at a growing startup
- Excellent benefits, including fully covered medical, vision, and dental insurance
- The ability to work in a sweet office in SF with some pretty cool robots
- And of course the opportunity to work with some of the coolest people working on those robots in the Bay Area!
Canvas is an Equal Opportunity Employer - we do not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or any other way on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.