Who You Are
- Have 3 years experience in a fabricator role or similar
- Fabrication knowledge using various techniques such as welding, drilling, grinding, sawing, bending and sheet metal tools
- Welding experience with MIG & TIG of mild steel
- Ability to do basic wiring
- Ability to work collaboratively with and communicate with a variety of teams
- Excellent attention to detail
- A constant desire to learn
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Preferably, Mill and lathe experience
- Preferably, fork lift certified
- Read and interpret technical drawings and GD&T
- Weld, machine, bend, and use a variety of hand tools to fabricate parts to spec
- Measure and test completed components to meet quality and functional requirements
- Set up, operate, and maintain shop tools and equipment in a safe manner, using appropriate PPE
- Work with Mechanical Engineers to identify improvements to manufacturability
- Identify and report hazards or defects in the shop or with equipment
- Use time and material resources responsibly to meet budgetary requirements and tight deadlines
- Maintain a clean shared workspace and tools
- Maintain shop inventory of consumables, hardware, and material
- Communicate effectively with a variety of internal team, vendors, and suppliers
- Follow OSHA safety guidelines
Why You Should Join
- The autonomy and support to grow into your career at a growing startup
- Excellent benefits, including fully covered medical, vision, and dental
- The ability to work in a sweet office in SF with some pretty cool robots
- And of course the opportunity to work with some of the coolest people working on those robots in the Bay Area!
Safety at Canvas Construction is a top priority and we commit to provide safe working conditions. We provide proper training, protocols and PPE to all employees, regardless of their role. We expect employees to use safety best practices and ensure that their workspaces are clear of potential dangers.
This role operates primarily in a work-room environment around moving mechanical parts and in conditions that include heat. Noise level may be loud at times. Someone in this role must be able to move objects weighing up to 50 lbs., and use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Additionally, this role requires constant movement and use of limbs inclusive of good manual dexterity to handle small parts, coordination and stamina.
Canvas is an Equal Opportunity Employer - we do not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or any other way on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.