Canvas is the #1 Diversity Recruitment Platform (DRP). It’s the new way to hire diverse teams with confidence and gain full transparency into the diversity of applicants in your hiring process. Startups to Fortune 500 companies are using Canvas to understand the diversity of their recruiting pipeline, source underrepresented talent, run engaging virtual events, enhance employer brand, and measure the ROI of their diversity recruiting initiatives.
We’re backed by Sequoia, Owl Ventures, and Lachy Groom, and we recently closed a $50 million round. We’re also a remote-first company (US-based only at this time) and no matter where you sit, you’re a part of our Canvas.
Our team is composed of people from every background and experience. We’re MLK Scholars, high school dropouts, former artists, veterans and working parents. We’re a passionate team of learners and doers with a bias for action. We encourage each other to remember and exercise our individual “why” in service to our mission.
You will have overall responsibility for the company’s top and bottom line numbers. This will mean directly managing the company’s revenue, operations, finance, and legal functions. You’ll help partner with the CEO to build a best-in-class business that will have the operational rigor to enable Canvas to scale and become the largest and most diverse talent marketplace in the world.
This mission-critical role is best suited for a candidate who embodies all of our values:
Dream Big: Regardless of role or team, you think and act like a founder by imagining the impossible.
Open Doors: You make sure there is always a door for everyone to walk through; whether that’s being gracious or knocking down barriers for others—you make space for those who need it.
Be a Student: You always have a growth mindset because you know that trusting, respecting and listening to others is essential to our individual and collective success. You approach situations with curiosity over judgement—we only fail when we stop learning and asking questions.
Walk the Walk: Follow-through is what transforms promises into progress. You do not pay lip service to our mission or others—you execute.
What You’ll Do
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to build a mission-driven company in close partnership with the CEO. You will be responsible for all things related to go to market, strategic planning, resource allocation, cross-functional coordination and operational efficiency at Canvas.
The individual will closely partner with the CEO to ensure that the senior leadership team, board of directors and broader team are optimally supported to do the important work of the organization.
Canvas is looking for a President who serves as both a strategic partner, and hands on, cross functional leader to help increase our impact by helping to grow the impact of the organization and diversify our revenue streams. As the President of Canvas, you will:
- Partner to the CEO
- You’ll partner with the CEO to drive the rhythm of the business. You’ll set and own our top-line metrics to ensure the company is achieving its goals and surface new opportunities to accelerate us towards our mission.
- You’ll engage Canvas leaders to develop our annual (and QoQ) strategy, bringing together cross-functional stakeholders to effectively communicate and implement our roadmap. You’ll leverage market and product insights that enable the business to achieve its goals.
- You’ll lead our Go-to-Market (GTM) function at the company and will be responsible for owning the end-to-end strategy in partnership with our GTM leaders.
- Your bias for action and execution will position you as a mentor and coach for our GTM leaders; you don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and working side-by-side with your functional leads to keep the business on track.
- In the spirit of one of our Canvas values, “Dream Big”, you’ll reimagine our revenue planning and execution engine—pushing the team to strengthen existing revenue streams (and operations) and to identify net-new revenue opportunities yet to be explored.
- Finance & Operations
- Alongside our lean finance team you’ll help oversee the planning & analysis (FP&A), accounting, forecasting, compliance/audit, tax and treasury.
- You’ll partner with the Senior Leadership Team to drive the overall 3-year / 1-year FP&A strategic plan impactful strategies and policies that enable Canvas to perform effectively and scale efficiently.
What You’ll Bring
- 15+ years of professional experience in operations, with a strong and demonstrated bias for owning or collaborating with sales and marketing within a SaaS company.
- The ability to operate as “player-coach”—supporting, coaching and mentoring a high-potential bench of GTM leaders.
- The ability to operate in a fast-paced, start-up environment where processes and best practices are still under development.
- Operational creativity to think about how to develop and sustain an organization to represent the best aspects of both the nonprofit and for-profit worlds.
- A clear and systematic approach to ensuring prioritization and alignment between XFN teams, investors, and board members
- Extensive experience working with financial and legal matters at the company through strategy development and implementation
We’d love to set you up for success and are offering resources emphasizing your personal well being!
- Medical, dental, vision insurance: 99% coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) plan and we match 3% of your salary (regardless if you contribute or not)
- unlimited paid-time off
- flexible parental leave
- $500 work-from-home stipend
- $75/week reimbursement for your meals or groceries
- quarterly wellness days off with a $125 quarterly wellness stipend