Canvas is the #1 Diversity Recruitment Platform (DRP). It’s the new way to hire diverse teams with confidence and gain full transparency into the diversity of applicants in your hiring process. Startups to Fortune 500 companies are using Canvas to understand the diversity of their recruiting pipeline, source underrepresented talent, run engaging virtual events, enhance employer brand, and measure the ROI of their diversity recruiting initiatives.
We’re backed by Sequoia and recently closed $20 million in funding. We’re also a remote-first company (US based only at this time) and no matter where you sit, you’re a part of our Canvas.
Our team is composed of people from every background and experience. We’re MLK Scholars, high school dropouts, former artists, veterans and working parents. We’re a passionate team of learners and doers with a bias for action. We encourage each other to remember and exercise our individual “why” in service to our mission.
The Infrastructure Engineering team is a small but mighty team focused on supporting all infrastructure needs of the organization. As the Manager of Infrastructure Engineering you will report to the Vice President of Engineering and work closely with cross-functional teams, mostly within and across Engineering, but also across other departments. You will be responsible for all aspects of infrastructure.
This mission-critical role is best suited for a candidate who embodies all of our values:
Dream Big: Regardless of role or team, you think and act like a founder by imagining the impossible.
Open Doors: You make sure there is always a door for everyone to walk through; whether that’s being gracious or knocking down barriers for others—you make space for those who need it.
Be a Student: You always have a growth mindset because you know that trusting, respecting and listening to others is essential to our individual and collective success. You approach situations with curiosity over judgement—we only fail when we stop learning and asking questions.
Walk the Walk: Follow-through is what transforms promises into progress. You do not pay lip service to our mission or others—you execute.
What You’ll Do
- Lead all Canvas Infrastructure Engineering
- Responsible for all DevOps, Site Reliability, Database Administration and IT functions
- Collaborate with external and internal customers on infrastructure needs
- Own incident management process, response, and automation
- Ensure team responds and resolves issues in a timely manner
- Lead, mentor and coach staff to improve performance and to develop higher level skills
- Manage performance to ensure SLAs are met
What To Bring
- Architectural design and influence
- Experience leading and building a team of experienced, self-directed individuals towards common goals
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and a proven ability to build strong relationships and trust throughout the organization, including with senior leadership
- Strong focus and orientation on communication, documentation, and transparency
- Experience managing 24x7 cloud operations and on-call procedures
- Experience leveraging a wide variety of open source and cloud technologies
- Experience using one or more Configuration Management tools such as CloudFormation, TerraForm, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or similar
- Experience working with and automating enterprise scale infrastructure and virtualization technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Proven working experience with infrastructure-as-code and building/supporting CI/CD pipelines using tools such as GitHub Actions, CircleCI and Jenkins
- Experience working with logging, monitoring and alerting tools such as Datadog, Sentry, and PagerDuty
- Experience managing PostgreSQL instances, especially within Amazon RDS
- Experience building and using dashboards to drive technical decisions and view the technical environments is desired
- Experience with Linux Administration (Ubuntu or similar)
- Metric-driven decision making and focus on continual improvement
- Experience collaborating and working with fully distributed teams
We’d love to set you up for success and are offering resources emphasizing your personal well being!
- Medical, dental, vision insurance: 99% coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) plan and we match 3% of your salary (regardless if you contribute or not)
- Unlimited paid-time off
- Flexible parental leave
- $500 work from home stipend
- $75/week reimbursement for your meals or groceries
- Quarterly wellness days off with a $125 quarterly wellness stipend