Canvas is the #1 Diversity Recruitment Platform (DRP). It’s the new way to hire diverse teams with confidence and gain full transparency into the diversity of applicants in your hiring process. Startups to Fortune 500 companies are using Canvas to understand the diversity of their recruiting pipeline, source underrepresented talent, run engaging virtual events, enhance employer brand, and measure the ROI of their diversity recruiting initiatives.
We’re backed by Sequoia and recently closed $20 million in funding. We’re also a remote-first company (US based only at this time) and no matter where you sit, you’re a part of our Canvas.
Our team is composed of people from every background and experience. We’re MLK Scholars, high school dropouts, former artists, veterans and working parents. We’re a passionate team of learners and doers with a bias for action. We encourage each other to remember and exercise our individual “why” in service to our mission.
This mission-critical role is best suited for a candidate who embodies all of our values:
Dream Big: Regardless of role or team, you think and act like a founder by imagining the impossible.
Open Doors: You make sure there is always a door for everyone to walk through; whether that’s being gracious or knocking down barriers for others—you make space for those who need it.
Be a Student: You always have a growth mindset because you know that trusting, respecting and listening to others is essential to our individual and collective success. You approach situations with curiosity over judgement—we only fail when we stop learning and asking questions.
Walk the Walk: Follow-through is what transforms promises into progress. You do not pay lip service to our mission or others—you execute.
What You’ll Do
- Generate and design assets for partnerships, scalable website assets, email, social media, banner ads, print-based collateral and other tasks as needed for a variety of teams/marketing partners
- Produce pixel-perfect creative that clearly communicates our value propositions and help build and reinforce our brand identity
- Contribute to the culture of a growing team through your ideas and passion for design & marketing
- Support multiple initiatives on design and marketing, managing work that is broader in scope and complexity to be completed with minimal guidance
- Proactively establish goals and deadlines for your work, contextualizing it within the context of the business.
- Work with marketing partners to inform creative strategy, applying the right design methods to meet your project goals without guidance.
- Drive ideation and stakeholder alignment sessions, incorporating ideas and feedback into your work
- Collaborate with product designers to ensure product + brand alignment
What To Bring
- An expert in graphic design, able to distill the Canvas personality into visual communications that connect with customers with a variety of roles and experience
- Low ego, high EQ designer, able to work collaboratively across multiple disciplines
- You put customers first, taking a humanistic approach to design and ensuring all communications are tailored to the target audience.
- Portfolio of impeccable graphic design demonstrating proficiency in both digital and traditional media.
- Demonstrated understanding of design thinking, graphic design, and visual storytelling
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to convey creative concepts in a way that engages and inspires.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, etc.) and Figma
- Work with ambiguity in cross-functional teams in a fast paced environment
- No ego approach to design and growth, ability to synthesize feedback and direction direction to produce high quality deliverables
- A degree in Graphic Design, Communications Design, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Nice to haves include supplemental design experience in photography, illustration, or motion graphics
We’d love to set you up for success and are offering resources emphasizing your personal well being!
- Medical, dental, vision insurance: 99% coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) plan and we match 3% of your salary (regardless if you contribute or not)
- unlimited paid-time off
- flexible parental leave
- $500 work from home stipend
- $75/week reimbursement for your meals or groceries
- Quarterly wellness days off with a $125 quarterly wellness stipend