Canvas is the #1 Diversity Recruitment Platform (DRP). It’s the new way to hire diverse teams with confidence and gain full transparency into the diversity of applicants in your hiring process. Startups to Fortune 500 companies are using Canvas to understand the diversity of their recruiting pipeline, source underrepresented talent, run engaging virtual events, enhance employer brand, and measure the ROI of their diversity recruiting initiatives.
We’re backed by Sequoia and recently closed $20 million in funding. We’re also a remote-first company (US based only at this time) and no matter where you sit, you’re a part of our Canvas.
Our team is composed of people from every background and experience. We’re MLK Scholars, high school dropouts, former artists, veterans and working parents. We’re a passionate team of learners and doers with a bias for action. We encourage each other to remember and exercise our individual “why” in service to our mission.
Canvas is looking for a Senior Product Manager to scale, strategize, and lead projects within our product. You will partner closely with Leadership, Customer Success, Sales, Design, and Engineering to propose, execute, and iterate on new products. As the central node of the product development lifecycle, you’ll be responsible for coordinating project ownership, timelines, and launches, and handling communication between stakeholders. Canvas is a blitzscaling series B company, so you’ll be a critical part of helping scale both the team and the product development process in the coming year.
This mission-critical role is best suited for a candidate who embodies all of our values:
Dream Big: Regardless of role or team, you think and act like a founder by imagining the impossible.
Open Doors: You make sure there is always a door for everyone to walk through; whether that’s being gracious or knocking down barriers for others—you make space for those who need it.
Be a Student: You always have a growth mindset because you know that trusting, respecting and listening to others is essential to our individual and collective success. You approach situations with curiosity over judgement—we only fail when we stop learning and asking questions.
Walk the Walk: Follow-through is what transforms promises into progress. You do not pay lip service to our mission or others—you execute.
What You'll Do
- Become an expert in our product and the customer needs it solves
- Formalize processes across product strategy and execution, and iterate at-scale
- Own and drive the metrics across different surfaces within the consumer product
- Manage prioritization and resolution of issues as they arise to unblock the team
- Communicate and effectively escalate updates, trade-offs, and recommendations to product and engineering leaders
What to Bring
- 4+ years experience in a product management role
- A natural builder who loves taking ideas from 0 to 1
- Prior experience focusing on either activation, engagement or retention of the end user
- Familiarity with the product development lifecycle and an ability to communicate effectively with everyone along the development pipeline, from strategic alignment with the CEO to launch discussions with engineers
- High level of independence and an ability to introduce structure where there exists ambiguity in an evolving product
- A talent for product research and a passion for identifying closely with the end user
- Previous experience working on marketplaces or consumer based products
We ask that all applicants create a Canvas profile as part of our application process. This will allow us to learn more about you, as well as give you a chance to interact with our product!
We’d love to set you up for success and are offering resources emphasizing your personal well being!
- Medical, dental, vision insurance: 99% coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) plan and we match 3% of your salary (regardless if you contribute or not)
- unlimited paid-time off
- flexible parental leave
- $500 work from home stipend
- $75/week reimbursement for your meals or groceries
- quarterly wellness days off with a $125 quarterly wellness stipend