Canvas is the #1 Diversity Recruitment Platform (DRP). It’s the new way to hire diverse teams with confidence and gain full transparency into the diversity of applicants in your hiring process. Startups to Fortune 500 companies are using Canvas to understand the diversity of their recruiting pipeline, source underrepresented talent, run engaging virtual events, enhance employer brand, and measure the ROI of their diversity recruiting initiatives.
We’re backed by Sequoia and recently closed $20 million in funding. We’re also a remote-first company (US based only at this time) and no matter where you sit, you’re a part of our Canvas.
Our team is composed of people from every background and experience. We’re MLK Scholars, high school dropouts, former artists, veterans and working parents. We’re a passionate team of learners and doers with a bias for action. We encourage each other to remember and exercise our individual “why” in service to our mission.
Our stack consists of a Swift iOS app, Kotlin Android app, Vue.js frontend, Django / Python backend, ML recommendation-based microservice, and AWS/Netlify as our infrastructure, with a transition to Kubernetes-based deployments underway.
This mission-critical role is best suited for a candidate who embodies all of our values:
Dream Big: Regardless of role or team, you think and act like a founder by imagining the impossible.
Open Doors: You make sure there is always a door for everyone to walk through; whether that’s being gracious or knocking down barriers for others—you make space for those who need it.
Be a Student: You always have a growth mindset because you know that trusting, respecting and listening to others is essential to our individual and collective success. You approach situations with curiosity over judgement—we only fail when we stop learning and asking questions.
Walk the Walk: Follow-through is what transforms promises into progress. You do not pay lip service to our mission or others—you execute.
- Act like an owner, reacting quickly to issues and serving as a source of knowledge about devops
- Proactively identify risks to timely compliance, effectively communicating those and adjusting devops plans to achieve goals
- Deliver high quality results, exceeding you and your team’s commitments & expectations
- Have a knack for learning and adaptively handling tasks wherever needed
What You'll Do
- Operate & troubleshoot company wide infrastructure, from our backend Django app to our Python ML microservice
- Collaborate with our backend team to set up, maintain, and troubleshoot applications on our Kubernetes cluster
- Take ownership of infra projects end-to-end: from security & eng requirements through development to production
- Collaborate with all of engineering to implement metrics, tracing, and monitoring for our various platforms
- Low ego, high EQ engineer, able to work collaboratively no matter the task at hand
- You put customers first, taking a humanistic approach to making sure we fit user need
- Be instrumental in the future development of our organization, scaling us from hundreds of thousands of users to hundreds of millions
What to Bring
- 6+ years of experience in devops or a related field
- Experience in setting up and maintaining infrastructure and application monitoring
- Strong experience with setting up, maintaining, and troubleshooting Kubernetes deployments
- Understanding of efficient CI/CD
- Deep knowledge of Linux
- Strong ability to troubleshooting applications running on Linux in AWS
- Basic scripting in at least 2+ languages
- Experience with distributed task queues
- A Bachelor's Degree or comparable work experience
We ask that all applications create a Canvas profile as part of our application process. This will allow us to learn more about you, as well as give you a chance to interact with our product!
We’d love to set you up for success and are offering resources emphasizing your personal well being!
- Medical, dental, vision insurance: 99% coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) plan and we match 3% of your salary (regardless if you contribute or not)
- unlimited paid-time off
- flexible parental leave
- $500 work from home stipend
- $75/week reimbursement for your meals or groceries
- quarterly wellness days off with a $125 quarterly wellness stipend