Canvas mobile 3D capture application is transforming the remodelling and renovation industry. Just by scanning with an iPhone, Canvas can capture a 3D model of a house in minutes and then convert it into a CAD model. We are a global remote-first company with presence in the United States and Europe, and have many distributed employees.
In 2013 we released the world's first mobile 3D sensor. Over the years we've built a top technology for SLAM, 3D reconstruction, and conversion of scans into semantic CAD models. In 2020, Canvas was featured in Apple’s own keynote about the iPhone 12 Pro as a significant example of what you can do with its new LiDAR sensor.
Location Note: While this position is fully remote, we are currently only considering candidates based in Portugal or Romania.
Do you want to join a pioneer company in building our full cycle test automation and manual testing iOS App?
Canvas is a leader in computer vision and spatial computing. Our mobile 3D capture application Canvas is transforming the remodeling and renovation industry.
Just by scanning with an iPhone, Canvas can capture a 3D model of a house in minutes.
This role will involve a 50/50 mix of Manual testing and Test Automation, you will do test automation under supervision of full time Software Developer in Test
What you’ll do in this role:
- Join an established SQA team as Full Stack QA engineer
- Test requirements and create BDD specs
- Design testing experience with FIGMA
- Create manual tests and raise/test bugs
- Run manual/auto tests (iOS, web, backend, SDK)
- Create iOS, web and backend autotests (Swift + Playwright/Python)
- Support/fix autotests as needed
- Increase test automation coverage and improve efficiency
- Maintain and develop SQA Reporting Bot
- Automate engineering metrics dashboard
Qualiﬁcations you’ll need for this role:
- At least 3 years in QA, with at least 1 year track record of test automation
- Good knowledge of tools like curl, postman, proxyman
- FIGMA or similar tool experience for design testing
- Understanding of Client-Server architecture
- Test documentation proficiency (bugs, tests, BDD, etc.)
- Task tracking experience in JIRA including git branching
- Backend test automation experience (API, Swagger)
- Documentation testing (requirements, one pagers, designs, etc.) is advantageous
- Mobile test automation is advantageous
- Curiosity and problem solving skills
- Basic spoken and good written English is a must, with the majority of communication being written
- Ability to document your work clearly and concisely is mandatory
- Positive thinking and ability to express thought in a concise way
- Proactivity and responsibility is a must
Qualifications that will make you stand out:
- Full cycle test automation of iOS Apps
- Experience with Kubernetes, GitLab
Pay, perks and such:
At Canvas, we offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA, flexible vacation, a 401(k) plan (or equivalent) and a parental leave program. We also offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, including learning and development stipends, along with a few others to come.
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career could look like here at Canvas.
Compensation will be based on experience and skill, commensurate with market rates and will include both salary and equity in Canvas.
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment to our employees and welcome input from candidates and employees on how we can enhance our inclusiveness.