Canvas mobile 3D capture application is transforming the remodelling and renovation industry. Just by scanning with an iPhone, Canvas can capture a 3D model of a house in minutes and then convert it into a CAD model. We are a global remote-first company with presence in the United States and Europe, and have many distributed employees.
In 2013 we released the world's first mobile 3D sensor. Over the years we've built a top technology for SLAM, 3D reconstruction, and conversion of scans into semantic CAD models. In 2020, Canvas was featured in Apple’s own keynote about the iPhone 12 Pro as a significant example of what you can do with its new LiDAR sensor.
We are looking for a Junior Web Backend Engineer to help us build the backend infrastructure for our products and internal tools. Reporting to the VP of Engineering and under technical supervision and mentorship from more senior colleagues, this role will involve a healthy mix of feature development and devops, so it is ideal for someone who likes variety in the type of projects they work on. The role assumes active collaboration with our iOS, Computer Vision, Infrastructure, Data and Ops teams.
What you’ll do:
- Join an established Web Backend team in building both the pipes of our product, as well as the tools that power our business and operations.
- Build products and tools that directly help thousands of architecture, design, and renovation companies save time and grow their business with 3D capture, and will help our team serve them better.
- Ensure the scalability and reliability of a distributed processing backend that processes a high volume of 3D scans per day.
- Develop tools that empower our internal operations team to efficiently manage scan data.
You should have:
- Professional experience in a similar role, solving real customer problems and building systems at high self-sufficiency level.
- Knowledge of Python.
- Familiarity with Django (and Django Rest Framework).
- Strong communication skills. We are a high-communication team, so you’ll be expected to share progress frequently, and raise blockers and concerns proactively
Nice to have:
- Full-stack experience, knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience with Celery, Vue.js, Inferno, PyTest, Redis, PostgreSQL, Docker and GitLab CI.
- Experience with major cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud).
- Experience with Kubernetes.
Pay, perks and such:
At Canvas, we offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA, flexible vacation, a 401(k) plan (or equivalent) and a parental leave program. We also offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, including learning and development stipends, along with a few others to come.
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career could look like here at Canvas.
Compensation will be based on experience and skill, commensurate with market rates and will include both salary and equity in Canvas.
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment to our employees and welcome input from candidates and employees on how we can enhance our inclusiveness.