We are building the infrastructure that powers best-in-class insurance experiences.
We are in an era of expanding consumer data rights around the world. Regulations like GDPR in the EU, CCPA in California, LGPD in Brazil, APPI in Japan, and others are giving consumers fundamental data rights, such as the right to request and receive a copy of the data a company has about them, or to wipe their information.
While banking, healthcare, and other industries have implemented these regulations through players like Plaid, Truelayer and Noyo, the insurance space has not yet caught up. Consumers aren’t well-equipped to access their data, and data is often shared through insecure channels. For carriers, getting the data they need to help a consumer get the right coverage is hard, and fraught with errors.
It should be easy for consumers to exercise basic control of their own data. Sharing data should be instant, secure, and driven by consumer consent. When consumers share their data with a business, they should receive value and convenience in return. When they want their data to be revoked, they should be able to do so at the flip of a switch.
For consumers, this means frictionless, personalized and modern insurance experiences. It means things like instantly closing on a mortgage because you were able to prove your active insurance at the click of a button, or getting to drive the new car you just bought because you were able to have it covered with a single click. It means having fine-grained control of who gets to receive a copy of your data, and being able to revoke it if you feel like it.
Canopy Connect is building the infrastructure that powers best-in-class insurance experiences. We empower consumers to gain value and convenience from their own data, and we enable businesses to securely and quickly support their customers. We recently closed a seed round from world class investors who deeply understand the space.
We are a product-oriented, distributed engineering team seeking exceptional engineers to drive our mission forward.
- Healthcare | We offer company-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance for employees and dependents.
- Equity | We are a team of owners and we provide our team with generous equity grants.
- Time to Recharge | We offer unlimited paid time off. Unplug, recharge, and come back refreshed.
- Remote Friendly | We are a fully distributed team. We all work remotely. We offer a $1,000 stipend to equip you with a home office that is comfortable and personalized to your needs.
- Friday Reimbursed Lunch | Order lunch on Fridays, and we'll cover it!
- Intellectual Humility | We believe the best decisions are made through triangulating the opinions of the team. We believe productive disagreement is key to good decision-making. We don’t tolerate brilliant jerks.
- Bias for Action | We’re a team of self-starters who iterate quickly and deploy daily.
- Raise the Bar | We strive to be the best in the world at what we do, and we push one another to raise our bar for excellence every day.
- We Not I | Great accomplishments come from great teams. We value one another and help each other.
- Own It | We are owners of the product and the company, and we own our successes as well as our failures. We value people who embody extreme ownership.