Canopy is a new software company headquartered in NYC. Canopy was formed with the notion that we can do better with personalization and privacy, starting with giving people back control of their data with private, on-device machine learning. We want to connect people to the best parts of the internet every day, without compromising their identity or their privacy. In order to achieve this we need a spitfire Office Manager to join our team and be the shining face and sturdy backbone of our Operations Team.
- Being the voice and face (and hands and feet) of our front of house
- Answering phones
- Routing incoming email inquiries
- Accepting/sending packages and deliveries
- Maintaining the visual look and feel of the office
- Keeping kitchen stocked
- Tidying conference rooms and communal spaces
- Keeping on top of office supply levels
- Liaising with building management, cleaning crew, IT dept for repairs and improvements
- Operations point of contact for our satellite offices
- Assisting the Head of Operations and the CFO with bookkeeping, HR filing, benefits administration
- Coordinating travel arrangements for the executive team
- Occasionally coordinating in-office events, cocktail hours, all-hands staff meetings, offsites, etc.
- 2-5 years of experience in office management or as executive assistant at a technology company or similar type office/position.
- Such attention to detail, so organized, wow
- Punctual (will be required to open the office)
- Solid sense of humor
- Strong ability to “roll with the punches”
- Experience with Google Suite is a plus
- Applicants must be within the NY/NJ area
- Burning desire to make the internet a better, safer place.
We have big dreams, and we won’t reach them without a diverse team. CANOPY is not just committed to changing the way the world thinks about privacy, but to pushing our industry to become more diverse and inclusive and to address issues of fairness and bias in all that it builds. We value applicants who are people of color, women, queers, trans, gender non-conforming and gender fluid people. If this is you and you want to have an impact on the issues we care about, your voice will be warmly welcomed at Canopy.
Canopy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants. In keeping with our beliefs and goals, Canopy is committed to a policy where no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy or childbirth (or related medical condition), sexual orientation, partnership status, gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, caregiver status, national origin, ethnicity, alienage or citizenship status, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected basis. We also strive to prevent other, more subtle forms of inappropriate behavior, such as stereotyping.