Canopy is a tech startup in Lehi building simple, delightful software for tax professionals. While there is a long list of user-friendly tax software solutions for consumers, tax professionals have been stuck using archaic software with inefficient workflows. We are changing that, and tax pros are loving it. With all the love, comes lots of growth, and we'd love for you to join the rocket ship.
Canopy is a great place to work - just look at our glassdoor review. Our culture is one of ownership, trust, and a work hard play hard mentality. With the fast-paced growth, there are amazing opportunities for people to grow their careers quickly when they step up to the challenge.
We are looking for a Lead QA Engineer to lead the testing efforts for all of our software development. We need someone that is passionate about quality. Someone who knows how to work side by side with Engineers, UX and Product. As a lead, this role will require juggling both testing for your own squads work, but helping lead the testing efforts across the other development squads. This will require an ability to help distribute work, mentor, train and test extremely well. (Please note that this role does not utilize test automation, and will most likely not in the future).Description
- Verify that features and bug fixes are working and meet development standards.
- Test through using manual change based testing and regression testing.
- Perform exploratory testing to find additional bugs.
- Ensure software functionality is documented across all teams in test cases and keep the test cases organized.
- Lead on the testing of our main product.
- Mentor other QA engineers.
- 6 or more years experience in software QA.
- Experience leading the testing of large software projects.
- Experience mentoring and training QA engineers.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Exceptional debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.