Canonical's Ubuntu is the fastest growing Linux distribution, the leading platform for public cloud compute, and the engineer's favourite way to drive the future. Our goal is to help the enterprise embrace open source from end to end, across every class of compute and every class of application, starting with infrastructure solutions like MAAS, OpenStack and Kubernetes, all the way up to data, security, analytics and serverless capabilities. Our customers range from fast-moving startups to Global 500 enterprises and Telcos / Managed Service providers at large scale.
Canonical provides commercial support, consulting and training services to customers who are deploying Ubuntu, but also supports partners and technical staff to provide best practices and guidance across their projects.
The individual selected for this role will have responsibility for achieving the assigned annual quota through the sales of Ubuntu Advantage products and consulting services. The individual should be able to prospect target accounts for new business, maintain an existing territory of business as well as work with our inside sales team for account penetration. This is a hunter sales role.
This individual must be comfortable selling open source, cloud, virtualization, and technical software solutions to all levels of a wide cross section of organisations.
- Represent the company, its solutions and software, for the assigned territory
- Exceed quarterly and annual bookings target for subscriptions and services
- Carry out business development activities to develop pipeline for the territory
- Annual Revenue goal $1.5 Million +
- Build, execute and maintain a territory plan which achieves both strategic and financial objectives
- Manage customer relationships and interactions through all stages of the sales cycle
- Maintaining accurate data and forecasts within the Salesforce CRM system for the assigned territory
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in all customer accounts
- Coordinate our engagement with the customer, including support, service, and management
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelors level degree education, preferably in a technology field
- A least 10 years or equivalent field experience in software or technology sales
- An understanding of Open Source, Linux and Ubuntu technology
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets
- Detail orientated with strong follow-up skills
- Strong negotiating skills with ability to close sales
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation
- 10 years external sales experience or equivalent. Ideally selling software infrastructure solutions or tools
- Strong sales track record within the enterprise software or services markets selling complex software solutions
- Open source experience would be an advantage
- Experience of working in an early stage start up would be an advantage
- Excellent presentation skills (written and verbal) and have strong interpersonal skills
- Will have a mature and sensible approach to long-term relationship development with customers
- Must be a self starter with very high energy and passion
- The ability to represent the company at external events
What Canonical offers:
- Learning and development
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.