This role is an opportunity for a technologist with a passion for Linux and Leadership to build a career with Canonical and drive the success with those leveraging Ubuntu and open source products. If you have an affinity for open source development and a passion for technology, then you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry at Canonical.
About this job
Canonical is the publisher of Ubuntu and related open source solutions and services. We are hiring a senior director role reporting to the VP of TechOps to carry responsibility for our 24x7 global support operation including level 1 through level 3 technical support and sustaining engineering of all core products and solutions that Canonical delivers. This role has executive visibility and budget responsibility for a multi-million dollar business at the heart of what we do at Canonical. If this opportunity sounds exciting to you, we would love to have you apply!
What you will do
- Exercise good judgement with budgetary authority for staffing, vendors management, training and travel to support your business
- Hire, organize, grow, nurture and lead a diverse set of technical contributors to provide excellent customer support for the platform at the heart of cloud and enterprise computing
- Be involved with contracts, customers and executives across the table in renewal and sales discussions
- Influence others and be a vocal leader across the organization
- Be an advocate for your business and work with other senior leaders to shape strategy for the company at large
- Work from home with global travel up to 20% for internal and external events and customer relationships
Who you are
- You are an articulate communicator and want to lead a global business
- You love technology and working with brilliant people
- You enjoy building teams
- You follow industry trends and new technologies
- You understand and value getting things done the right way
- You value soft skills and are passionate, enterprising, thoughtful, and self-motivated
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of the world of Ubuntu.
Canonical is a growing, international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu -- the world’s #1 cloud operating system. Our mission is to realize the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
- 100% Work-from-home
- Learning and Development
- Competitive Salary
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.