This role is about commercial leadership of Canonical's automotive sector go-to-market and offerings:
- guiding product management to ensure fitness of our platform and solutions in automotive
- building alliances and relationships with global leaders in the automotive supply chain
- shaping our content and messaging strategy for automotive customers
- driving business development and sales in the automotive sector and supply chain
This role encompasses leadership of the product and go-to-market in automotive. It requires commercial experience and a clear vision for the future of the sector. Commercial directors are expected to drive a business segment and be mindful of marketing, revenue generation, investment costs and delivery costs. We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who have become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
The successful candidate will have:
- Commercial experience encompassing revenue and costs
- Experience in lead generation and business development
- Familiarity with relevant industry requirements and standards
- A technical or science background and qualifications
- Proven leadership and presentation skills
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical’s competition and opportunities
- Track record of data-driven decision-making
A commercial director is responsible for strategy and execution in their segment, shaping Canonical's general purpose offerings to the needs of a particular audience. Content strategy, marketing strategy, product strategy and go-to-market are part of the remit, in partnership with Canonical's marketing, product, engineering and sales leads.