This is an opportunity to kickstart your career by joining Canonical. If you have a passion for technology and Linux, and an eagerness to learn, then you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry at Canonical.
You will be working mostly from our Canonical London Office in order to deliver technical support to our employees and customers. On a daily basis, you'll provide technical expertise, be an excellent communicator and a service-oriented professional. Every day you will have to make judgement calls to prioritise customer issues and maximise your effectiveness. You will also need to set time aside to learn about our new products and technologies and evolve as a professional. You will participate in various training sessions, team gatherings and Company events.
Key areas of accountability and responsibility
Your day to day duties will include:
- Work on-site from the London, England office and provide technical support for employees.
- Provide technical onboarding support for new employees
- Provide technical and infrastructure support during international events.
- Be available to take ownership of new cases via telephone, email and web
- Ensure that each support request owned by you is handled as per our Service Level Agreement (SLA) and to the highest possible customer satisfaction by setting the right expectations and fulfilling your commitments
- Contribute your findings to a common knowledge base and keep it up to date
- Draft and distribute technical notices for internal and external communication.
- Maintain regular communication and information exchange with the rest of the team, locally and remotely
- Identify and suggest any opportunities to provide a better service
Required skills and expertise
- Bachelors or equivalent four year degree in a technical field from an accredited college or university. Preferable majors: Computer Science, MIS, Electrical Engineering, etc.
- Basic desktop Linux usage (desktop tools for editing files, browsing the Web, managing Internet connectivity, setup of printers/services/packages/external storage devices/etc. utilising command line tools for exploring and manipulating the file system)
- Basic troubleshooting (collecting logs, basic fine-tuning by editing configuration files)
- Familiarity with safely installing, uninstalling, reinstalling and repartitioning machines with multiple operating systems and troubleshooting to recover broken installations
- Understanding of Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Applications and Single Sign-On.
- Ability to learn quickly, thrive on change and handle the pressure of a customer facing job
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Canonical is a growing, international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu -- the world’s #1 cloud operating system. Our mission is to realise the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services help businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
- International travel, up to six weeks per year
- Daytime working hours
- Learning and development
- Study time and expenses for obtaining relevant certifications
- Competitive salary
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.