Canonical brings great user experience to enterprise open source. Our design team works across the full spectrum of enterprise technology - from UNIX-style command line interfaces to complex web applications driving data centre and cloud operations, to IoT management and mobile applications. We are looking for an exceptional head of design, who shares our passion to deliver the next wave of open source to the world.
We create world-renowned software, impacting the lives of millions of engineers, enterprises, entrepreneurs and consumers every day. Our multi-disciplinary design team includes researchers, visual and UX designers who collaborate with our product engineering teams to bring exciting products and websites to life. We help and learn from each other and strive to improve our work and processes.
- Experience of leadership and mentoring in a multi-disciplinary design team
- An evangelist for design in the enterprise environment
- The discipline to build product success through design practices
- Personal engagement with users, design peers and executive leadership
- The vision to lead a multi-product design system
- Excellent academic results, with Bachelor’s or equivalent in User Experience, Design, or STEM
- Commitment to continuous learning, feedback and improvement
- Engagement with the latest design research and innovation
We expect members of the Canonical design team to be excellent communicators who are at ease working with a complex mix of engineers, designers and executives. They should also be able to connect their design leadership to the strategic vision of the company. They represent the team at cross-functional company meetings and present their design position with clarity and precision.
What we offer
- An opportunity to shape a company and products
- Influence in the open source community
- An inclusive work environment
- Learning and development
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, the world’s best free software platform. Our services help businesses worldwide reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.