Canonical Ubuntu is the fastest growing enterprise Linux, the leading platform for public cloud compute, and the engineer's favourite way to drive the future. Our goal is to help the enterprise embrace open source from end to end, across every class of compute and every class of application, starting with infrastructure solutions like OpenStack and Kubernetes, all the way up to data, security, analytics and serverless capabilities. Our customers range from fast-moving start-ups to Global 500 enterprises and Telco's, and managed service providers at large scale.
Canonical provides commercial support, managed services, consulting and training services to customers who are deploying Ubuntu. We also support partners and technical staff to provide best practices and guidance across their projects.
This is a hunter sales role. The successful candidate will have responsibility to achieve an assigned annual quota. They should be able to prospect accounts for new business, maintain an existing territory, and work with colleagues on account strategy.
This individual must be comfortable selling open source, cloud, virtualization, and technical software solutions to all levels of the enterprise.
- Represent the company, its solutions and software, for the assigned territory or vertical
- Exceed quarterly and annual bookings target for subscriptions and services
- Carry out business development activities to develop pipeline for the territory
- Annual bookings goal $1.5 million +
- Build, execute and maintain a territory plan which achieves both strategic and financial objectives
- Manage customer relationships and interactions through all stages of the sales cycle
- Maintaining accurate data and forecasts within the Salesforce CRM system for the assigned territory
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in all customer accounts
- Coordinate our engagement with the customer, including support, service, and management
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelors level degree education, preferably in a technology field
- Experience in software or technology sales from the specified market
- Fluency in business German
- An understanding of open source, Linux and Ubuntu
- A self starter with a proven track record of achieving sales targets
- Detail orientated with strong follow-up skills
- Effective negotiating skills with ability to close sales
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Productive in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation
- Mature approach to long-term relationship development with customers
- The ability to represent the company at external events
- Start-up experience would be an advantage
What Canonical offers:
- Competitive package
- Well known and respected brand name
- Learning and development
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Priority Pass for travel
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.