Directors, Silicon Alliances
Location: Remote position/telecommuting with regular travel to the San Francisco Bay Area
plus 40% international travel required
Develop opportunities in complex environments to deliver profitable growth businesses for both the Datacenter and the IoT/ Devices groups at Canonical.
Be a proven leader who has a hands-on approach and can work at both a strategic and tactical level. The role requires a strong background in engineering (either hardware or software) paired with an aptitude for business and interpersonal communication. Canonical drives initiatives around the most compelling new innovation projects around the globe, including AI/ML, robotics, self-driving cars, and hyper-scale cloud deployments. Work closely with one or more of our Silicon partners to develop next-generation go to market initiatives and establish roadmap alignment as well as business alignment around the latest generation of semiconductor technology.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Canonical’s product portfolio
- Influence technical decisions to drive growth in Canonical’s business in complex environments.
- Build, develop and maintain strong professional relationships between Canonical and our Silicon Alliance partners
- Built long-term partner relationships leading to strategic recommendations for engineering, product and sale teams at both the partner and at Canonical.
- Establish roadmap alignment between technical leadership and product management of Canonical and our partners
- Create the strategic roadmap and business development plans across new and existing silicon partners.
- Understand the competitive landscape and drive joint initiatives to identify and capture value creation opportunities for Canonical and leading semiconductor companies (silicon partners) by driving joint initiatives.
- Understand go-to-market initiatives and establish opportunities for our field sales and channel groups to drive business for Canonical
- Work closely with marketing, sales engineering, and product management to deliver on targets, objectives and provide the voice of the partner.
- Interface with sales and field engineering to develop demos and solutions for silicon partners.
- Collaborate with marketing to understand and develop go-to-market initiatives and related collateral.
- Master’s degree in Engineering (Electrical and/or Computer), Computer Science or Physics/Math, or foreign equivalent
- 5 years of experience in the semiconductor industry
- Strong engineering or technical/science background with deep understanding (through education or experience) of silicon hardware, operating systems and software
- Strong understanding of cloud and datacenter, embedded, IoT and PC technologies and exposure to artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and autonomous vehicles.
- Deep knowledge of computer systems
- Strong background in hardware and software engineering.
- MBA or current enrollment in MBA program
- Understanding and experience with new product development in the semiconductor industry.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to interface across functional groups to evaluate new products with an eye on schedule, cost and resources.
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Experience with meeting with and presenting to executives at customers and partners.
- Ability to work at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Experience working with global teams.
Remote position/telecommuting with regular travel to the San Francisco Bay Area plus 40% international travel required.