Build relationships between Canonical, the company that publishes Ubuntu, and RISC-V chip and board providers.
The Silicon Alliances team works with the leading semiconductor companies to combine open source adoption with innovative customizations to get the most from each new chip. With our semiconductor partners, we develop joint product roadmaps, drive delivery, formulate go-to-market plans and conceptualize new business models, enabling differentiated hardware and robust product life-cycle support while still anchored on best-in-class Ubuntu. The end goal is a frictionless experience to deploy, maintain, and develop on any hardware from cloud to edge.
Reporting to the VP of Silicon Alliances, the role has high executive visibility both inside and outside the company. You will manage and grow our relationships with one or more silicon partners and be the primary contact for all stakeholders on both sides. As part of this role, you will be called upon to drive top initiatives spanning company boundaries. You will work cross-functionally with engineering, product, marketing and sales teams to facilitate new business, leading definition of joint products, solutions and complex programs relying heavily on your communicating and influencing skills. You will ensure that robust project plans are created, tracked, and executed. You will develop a deep understanding of partner strategies, technologies and roadmaps and identify overlap with Canonical’s current and future products.
- Develop understanding of Canonical product portfolio.
- Establish, maintain and grow technical and executive relationships at partner companies.
- Champion Canonical products at the partner and vice-versa.
- Work with other stakeholders to increase awareness of Canonical’s portfolio in the ecosystem.
- Develop account plans with a view to increase Canonical’s direct and indirect business.
- Ensure mid to long-term strategic alignment with one or more silicon partners.
- Engage and influence Canonical product and engineering to refine plans and ensure delivery.
- Manage market messaging, collateral and launch plans across products.
- Negotiate successful contracts.
- B.A / B.S / B.E degree in science, technology and/or engineering.
- Fundamental understanding of semiconductor industry and ecosystem
- Experience in engineering management, business development, technology strategy or similar functions.
- Program management experience
- Ability to grasp complex material and synthesize key points
- Disciplined and self motivated for a remote-first workplace environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer facing experience
- MBA or graduate degree in science, technology and/or engineering.
- Experience in consulting, account management, customer facing roles or similar functions
- Proven consultative selling ability
- Expert negotiator with strong influencing and persuasion skills
- Ability to think and work at both strategic and tactical levels
- Understanding of cloud, datacenter, IoT/edge and PC technologies
- Understanding Canonical’s strategy and competitive position
- Open source / Linux experience is a nice to have
- Demonstrated exceptional collaboration and relationship building skills
- Track record of organizational leadership
Equal opportunity employer
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.