What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, “the world’s best free software platform”. Our mission is to realise the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
About the role
Hardware OEMs play a crucial role in Canonical growth plans. Reporting to the Global VP Alliances, the OEM Alliance Sales Director will be responsible for helping OEM partners to thrive and grow their business with Canonical solutions and services.
Our OEM Alliance Director will work closely with Canonical strategic partners throughout their lifecycle and across their complex organizations to anchor ubuntu stacks in the OEM solutions to bring innovative solution to life, help embrace cloud native and machine learning applications, and adopt hybrid cloud.
Our Director is responsible for building trusted relationships with OEM partners, increase Canonical market share and attach rate, evangelize about the partnership and lead all business interactions from engineers to CxO level . He would also often be animating many customer workshops, sales event, public presentations and executive engagements.
As a OEM Alliance Sales Director Director you will...
- Build strategic relationships with OEM partners at levels, and stickiness with Ubuntu technology
- Deep understanding of linux and cloud software ecosystem, and opensource selling models
- Negotiate contracts and commercial business terms.
- Deep understanding of large and complex organizations such as Huawei, Quanta, Fujitsu, Inspur, H3C, NEC, Asus etc.
- Work closely with marketing, sales engineering and product management to deliver on targets, objectives and provide a voice of the partner
- Lead executive interlocks between OEM partners and Canonical leadership team
- Ability to travel - sometimes internationally - up to 40% of the time.
Required skills and experience:
- 15yrs+ experience in alliance or indirect sales management roles
- Autonomous, disciplined, hands-on, get-it-done mentality
- Ability to capture customer requirements, evaluate gaps, identify and create opportunities
- Passionate about Ubuntu products and mission
- Comfortable in fast-paced and high pressure environments with ambitious achievement goals
- Extensive experience with OpenStack, virtualization, containers and other Cloud technologies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.