Canonical's mission is to enable high security for billions of internet connected devices, bringing the very best of open source to power the devices of world class companies serving industrial, enterprise and consumer markets and taking smart compute to the very furthest edge.
Ubuntu Core is the ultra-reliable OS for next generation embedded environments. Every Ubuntu Core device has its own app store, with secure containerised Linux packages called snaps. Automatic updates with progressive rollouts and strict manufacturer controls provide a rigorous foundation for carrier-grade devices. Canonical certifies, secures and maintains every device on the platform for a minimum of ten years.
Ubuntu Core has been selected by global leaders in industrial, defence, energy, media, retail and science. It is supported by leading semiconductor companies, ODM's, large enterprises and global system integrators. Key markets include: digital signage, robotics, edge and industrial gateways, automotive, manufacturing, smart buildings, smart cities, transportation and energy.
As IoT Sales Director, you will take responsibility for sales of new IoT device enablement, services and management solutions. You will prospect and develop large enterprise accounts for new business, as well as further develop and grow existing strategic accounts in your territory. This is a unique hunter sales position and strategic account development role and requires energy, ambition and focus. An IoT Sales Director must be comfortable positioning and selling open source, services, and technical software solutions to all levels of an organization, across a wide variety of vertical IoT markets especially industrial automation.
- Exceed quarterly and annual bookings targets
- Articulate our device enablement, application software, and services
- Close contracts for the design and delivery of Ubuntu Core devices
- Develop new pipeline through outreach, prospecting, local marketing, and industry events
- Promote our brand and offerings to further extend market awareness
- Build, execute and maintain a territory plan
- Achieve tactical, strategic and financial objectives for the assigned region
- Manage customer relationships and interactions through all stages of the sales cycle
- Work with IoT Field Engineers to increase account penetration and ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintain accurate data and forecasts within SalesForce
- Establish productive professional relationships with key personnel, influencers and decision makers
- Coordinate with colleagues, including support, delivery and management resources
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor's level degree, preferably in engineering or computer science
- Field experience in enterprise software or technology sales
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets and winning large accounts
- Ability to be successful in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self motivation
- Effectively leverage all corporate resources for joint success
- Ability to extend existing relationships with customers or prospects
- Ability to develop joint strategic sales plans for increased revenue and market share
- Strong selling, negotiating and relationship-building skills
- Experience in applying a process-oriented, sales methodology
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Detail oriented with strong and effective follow-up
- Self-starter with high energy and drive
- Proven early stage startup success
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time post covid
- IoT / embedded sales experience
- Open source and Linux understanding and sales experience
Canonical is an equal opportunity employer
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, “the world’s best free software platform”. Our mission is to realise the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services help individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.