Canonical is a unique tech company - global, remote first, open source, with 650 professionals across 50 countries - our goal is to be the world’s best, not biggest, global software company. With almost every team remote by default, Canonical sets the pace on the 21st-century digital workplace.
Canonical and Ubuntu are at the forefront of cloud and IoT computing, helping customers master the challenge of operations on hybrid cloud, bare metal, and container-based systems. We’re recruiting people that love Linux, automation, operations, and are interested in cracking some of the world’s toughest problems at scale.
We're interested in the technology, of course, but we're also interested in the human mission of enabling and supporting many of the worlds brightest and hardest working people, passionate about open source which benefits millions, to live where they want and work from anywhere. All of these people could move to a tech hub and work for a FAANG but they choose Canonical because of our mission and our approach to the workplace.
Global remote recruiting creates a whole new set of challenges, and we want to blaze that trail. Figuring out how to assess candidates from every corner of the globe fairly and efficiently is important. We’re looking for an exceptional Associate Recruiter who will be responsible for delivering an amazing experience to our candidates. You’ll have experience of delivering high quality Recruitment support both face-to-face and through systems. You are a true people-person who takes pride in helping others.
This role is likely to be home-based out of EMEA or the Americas.
- Represent Canonical’s brand by carrying out recruitment screening conversations (70% of role) – you’ll be the face of Canonical and ensure we capture all of the right relevant information.
- Coordinating interviews with candidates across multiple time zones.
- Administer recruiting documentation, such as new employment contracts, job ads and supplier list information.
- Update our Applicant Tracking System (ATS) system, ensuring the highest level of accuracy and compliance
- Support the streamlining of internal processes and tools
- Drive recruitment analytics to provide our business with real-time insight.
- Carry out any other reasonable ad hoc duties in order to support the recruitment teams.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (minimum)
- Proficiency with computers and common productivity software (gSuite - Sheets, Docs, gMail)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good critical thinking skills
- Independent worker - able to work remotely
- Experience working with an ATS (preferred)
Canonical is an equal opportunity employer
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals.