This is an exciting opportunity for a software engineer passionate about open source software, Linux, edge computing, and IoT. Come build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, a growing international software company.
EdgeX Foundry is a vendor-neutral open-source platform hosted by the Linux Foundation, providing a common framework for industrial IoT edge computing. Your role will be to help us ensure that EdgeX Foundry on Ubuntu provides an easy to deploy, secure, and customizable framework for developing industrial edge compute solutions.
Applicants should be passionate about IoT and open source. In our team we value collaboration, peer reviews, good integration/unit testing and writing maintainable code. General knowledge and experience with Linux as a developer platform is required.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team
- Develop and maintain packaging for EdgeX snaps
- Debug issues and produce high quality code to fix them
- Review code produced by upstream and/or other engineers at Canonical
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
- Participate in upstream EdgeX Foundry working group discussions and planning
- Work from home with global travel 2 to 4 weeks for internal and external events
Who you are
- You love technology and working with brilliant people
- You are curious, flexible, articulate, and accountable
- You value soft skills and are passionate, enterprising, thoughtful, and self-motivated
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- Proven track record of at least 3 years of professional software development using Go, C, C++ or similar
- You have some experience with Go
- You have experience developing APIs with REST/gRPC or similar
- You have interest and experience with two or more of the following: containers (docker, kubernetes, ...), Linux (any current distribution), snap packaging, shell scripting, system-level C programming, Debian or RPM packaging
- Nice to have / optional - IoT frameworks and protocols
Canonical is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of the world of Ubuntu.