Ubuntu is the world's favourite Linux developer desktop. This role is about:
- leading the Ubuntu desktop GNOME experience
- shaping the development roadmap for the desktop stack
- engaging with community leaders and projects
- driving commercial success and leading product direction
If you have a passion for technology and business, an appreciation for open source, and good communications skills, then you will enjoy a product leadership role at Canonical.
This role encompasses leadership of the product plan and go-to-market for Ubuntu Desktop. It requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message. We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- Experience in open source development, design and desktops
- Knowledge of the Desktop Linux ecosystem and technology stack
- A rigorous technical or science background and supporting qualifications
- Software engineering management experience
- Familiarity with relevant software and standards
- Business and commercial interests
- A proven history of leadership and presentation skills
- A strong work ethic, and personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical’s competition and tactical opportunities
- Track record of data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape
Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products. You will create content to engage a sophisticated technical and commercial audience, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams. You also will be accountable for product marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts that deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.