An exceptional opportunity for a competitive technology leader. This role is about:
- shaping logging, monitoring, and alerting offerings from Canonical
- thinking about observability, debugging and tracing on public cloud, private cloud and edge
- delivering the best open source observability solution portfolio
- integrating prometheus, grafana, graylog, jaeger and more
- driving commercial success and leading product direction
If you have a passion for technology and business, an appreciation for open source, and good communications skills, then you will enjoy a product leadership role at Canonical.
This role encompasses leadership of the product and go-to-market. It requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message. We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- Experience in open source operations, logging and monitoring
- A clear understanding of cloud-native operations challenges and tools
- A technical or science background and qualifications
- Software engineering experience
- Familiarity with relevant software and standards
- Business and commercial interests
- Proven leadership and presentation skills
- Personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical competition and opportunities
- Track record of data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape
Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products. You will create content to engage a sophisticated technical and commercial audience, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams. You will also be accountable for product marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts that deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.