What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, “the world’s best free software platform”. Our mission is to realise the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
Canonical is the company behind Ubuntu, the fastest growing, and most widely used Linux distribution to date. The project’s aim is to reduce barriers to innovation globally by providing free access to an open technology platform.
The Solutions QA team at Canonical is responsible for the integration testing of the Ubuntu-based cloud products produced by Canonical. These products are used to deploy cloud infrastructure across all major clouds (public and private). The Solutions QA team develops and executes tools for deploying and testing these products, both internally and externally to Canonical. The team tests Canonical’s cloud products with a specific focus on the real world use cases of customers. Testing includes product integrations, deployment environments, and end-to-end workloads.
As a Software Engineer in Solutions QA you will have the opportunity to develop automation for deploying and testing Canonical’s cloud products. Additionally, you will develop new tests, testing strategies, and process improvements that directly impact the success of Canonical’s enterprise cloud deployments. Finally, you will maintain the infrastructure that continuously executes and reports on these tests.
As a QA Engineer you will:
- Collaborate proactively with a globally distributed team
- Develop, deploy, manage, and debug highly distributed systems
- Develop and implement automated test suites/CI infrastructure
- Develop re-usable tools for deploying Canonical’s cloud products
- Execute, monitor, and report on existing testing efforts
- Create new testing infrastructure, process and strategies
- Identify, isolate, and document bugs clearly and concisely
The successful QA Engineer will have :
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology field, or equivalent experience
- Solid background in modern QA process and strategies
- Solid understanding of Linux system architecture
- Professional experience in Python
- Working knowledge of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Knowledge of networking technologies and fundamentals
- Experience with cloud typologies and technologies
- Strong communication and teamwork skills, both written and verbal
- 2-4 weeks of travel per year, including international travel
What Canonical Offers:
Recruiter adds additional benefits if applicable
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.