SQA Senior Engineer - Taipei, TAIWAN
What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, “the world’s best free software platform”. Our mission is to realise the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
Canonical's Commercial Engineering QA team works with OEM and ODM customers to deliver certified Ubuntu laptop, desktop, IoT hardware and other computing devices.
We are seeking SQA Engineers to support OEM projects in Taipei. As a QA Software engineer, you will be responsible for developing test plans and test cases, performing tests, issuing bugs, generating reports and tracking issues to ensure the quality of the suite of Ubuntu products.
As a QA Software Engineer you will:
- Develop and implement test plan and project documentation based on customer requirements
- Develop and implement test case suites for customized Ubuntu Desktop, Ubuntu Server and Ubuntu Core environments
- Perform automated and manual testing of custom versions of Ubuntu Desktop, Ubuntu server and Ubuntu Core platforms
- Execute and track testing progress across multiple projects and customers
- Support local engineering staff with SQA process development/implementation
- Establish proactive measures to improve the quality and reliability of the Ubuntu platform
- Prepare time estimates and schedule for testing activities
- Identify, isolate, and document bugs clearly and concisely in the bugs database
- Work with development teams across multiple projects to understand what is required to build efficient, effective automated testing
- Work with hardware partners on adapting the test framework to suit their needs
- Communicate effectively with colleagues in a variety of timezones around the world
- Triage test-generated reports and customer bugs
The successful QA Software Engineer will have :
- 5+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance or equivalent, some team lead experience would be a plus
- Experience with the Linux desktop, and related technologies. Ubuntu core experience would be a plus
- Solid grasp of commercial Software QA practices and ideas on how to integrate them into Linux Community standards
- Comfortable with online communication and collaboration such as mailing lists, IRC, wiki
- Excellent logic, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team
- Ability to pick up new technologies and achieve high effectiveness quickly
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.