An exceptional opportunity for an exceptional and competitive technology leader with deep familiarity and vision for multi-cloud operations.
If you have a passion for tech and business, experience with Ubuntu on the public cloud, experience with multi-cloud operations, deep familiarity with the open source stack from Linux to Github, and awareness of open source community leadership and best practices, then you will love the public cloud product leadership role at Canonical.
Canonical’s Ubuntu is the number one platform for public cloud operations. We work closely with all major public cloud providers to optimise and integrate Ubuntu on their cloud infrastructure. Simplifying and enhancing the user experience of multi-cloud compute is our mission. We have opened a dedicated role for product leadership of Ubuntu on the public cloud, covering the technology, experience, roadmap and partnerships.
This role requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message. We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership.
You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products. You will create effective content to engage sophisticated technical and commercial audiences, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams.
You will be accountable for product go-to-market execution, marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts. You will be expected to deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- A rigorous technical or science background and supporting qualifications
- Software engineering management experience
- Business and commercial interests
- Experience with Ubuntu on the public cloud
- Experience with complex operations on public cloud
- A proven history of leadership and presentation skills
- A strong work ethic, and personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical’s competition and tactical opportunities
- Strong aptitude for data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape