An exceptional opportunity for an exceptional and competitive technology leader. This role is to:
- shape our offerings around Kubernetes and Docker
- tell the story of Ubuntu in cloud-native operations
- lead engineering design and development for container solutions
- focus on Kubernetes operator development and delivery
If you have a passion for technology and business, experience in cloud-native software engineering, deep familiarity with open source, Kubernetes, container technology and Linux, and awareness of open source community leadership best practices, then you will love the cloud-native technologies product leadership role at Canonical.
Container technology continues to reshape enterprise technology operations and practices. Ubuntu is widely deployed in cloud-native environments, and Canonical has created a role for product leadership of an array of cloud-native offerings. Our customers set the pace in technology at scale, leading the adoption of new ideas and practices. Our goal is to shape the future of cloud-native operations, across public and private infrastructure, in partnership with industry leaders.
This role encompasses leadership of the product and go-to-market for cloud-native offerings. It requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message. We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership.
You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products, with a particular focus on containers, Kubernetes, Docker, enterprise open source applications and projects. You will create effective content to engage sophisticated technical and commercial audiences, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams.
You will be accountable for product go-to-market execution, marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts. You will be expected to deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- A rigorous technical or science background and supporting qualifications
- Software engineering management experience
- Experience in Kubernetes operations and the cloud-native landscape
- Experience in open source project and community leadership
- Business and commercial interests
- A proven history of leadership and presentation skills
- A strong work ethic, and personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical’s competition and tactical opportunities
- Track record of data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape