This role is based in our Austin, TX office and not available as a work from home option.
In the role of Sales Manager, you will be managing the daily workflow, team escalations and requests and general administration for an Inside Sales team. The role involves managing a team of 6-15 Inside Sales Representatives. The role is to lead, motivate, mentor and manage the daily tasks and activities relating to the Inside Sales Team. You will be driving forward and expanding the Open Source business (Cloud, Open-stack, Open-source).
The primary objective is to manage a successful team and exceed the targets that are set for each quarter.
- Drive the inside sales team to follow up on and pursue opportunity leads from all inbound sources:
- Work with the team driving them to initiate outbound telephone calls to customers and/or prospects to identify and qualify leads (appointments) and to close these deals or collaborate with the Field Sales business.
- Work closely with Field Sales and Sales Manager/ Reps to implement national and regional sales plan, to support the introduction of new products and achieving assigned quotas and targets.
- Your objective will be to motivate and drive team members to sell services which enable our various products and solutions.
- You will have a revenue closing quota to overachieve quarter in, quarter out
- Create KPIs to manage business.
- Onboard new hires
- Work closely with Marketing to drive alignment with Sales.
- Lead the implementation of sales enablement tools to drive productivity, proficiency and revenue.
- Make decisions based upon metrics.
- Pursue sales target objectives for assigned territories/field sales associates and conduct long-term sales follow- up to key customers.
- Develop qualified leads for the field sales force through outbound telephone contact and provide field sales with customer, prospect and application information.
- Maintain database with accurate and current customer and prospect information.
- Ability to deal with different cultures.
- Ability and willingness to learn about Linux and Ubuntu technology
- Preference will be given to a person who has had leadership experience with a BSC degree or a degree in communications or technical field, and at least 2 years related outbound business development, call center/telesales experience, preferably with technical products and a high closure rate in setting appointments for the field sales teams, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven track record of overachieving sales targets.
- Target driven with the mentality to always smash targets.
- Detail oriented with strong follow-up skills.
- Strong negotiating skills with the ability to close sales.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Assist by providing input to Marketing and Sales on product acceptance, lost sales, and predicted specials needed to increase sales.
- Accurately update, maintain and create pipeline by using the organisations chosen CRM system. (Salesforce)
- Assist with the development of new concepts, and changes/improvements to Standard Operating
- Procedures and policies. Independently evaluate problems and recommend proactive solutions.
- Manage daily workloads, data, leads call scripts and guides and target markets in line with the organisations planning.
- Assist in team meetings
- Drive the team to achieve targets
- Make recommendations on pro performers
- Motivation for top performers
- Incentive and goal setting
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree.
- Supervision & Complexity Skills Required.
- Operate from general procedures and policies under limited supervision. Perform new and varied work with a moderate degree of complexity.
- Solve problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Errors in judgment could result in loss of funds, accounts or delays and could affect Company
- Contacts with related company departments and external partners/customers.
- Ability to work with inside sales team and assigned field sales team, interact with them to resolve customer care issues, motivate, promote and sell open-source network solutions and products to customers. Good working knowledge of cloud, network architecture, products, industry, and customers. Possess good (telephone) sales skills and business development skills.
- This is a critical customer contact position requiring good oral and written communication skills including tact and diplomacy. Position requires computer proficiency, and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail