As a Software Quality Engineering Manager, it will be your responsibility to lead the QA teams to continually improve our ability to scale and automate while driving increasing levels of quality and customer satisfaction. We expect world-leading software quality and personal dedication to the challenges you take on and a collaborative focus to work with engineering to achieve our goals. Canonical's Commercial Engineering QA team works with OEM and ODM customers to deliver certified Ubuntu laptop, desktop, IoT hardware and other computing devices that get shipped to millions of users world-wide. You will be a key part of the management team that makes Canonical and our organization a great place to work and develop for every team member while also influencing our strategy and execution plans.
What you will do
- Manage people with varying experience levels in both test and development while challenging them to continually grow and develop.
- Mentor team members on QA best practices and automation.
- Provide leadership in defining Software Quality Assurance methodologies, strategies, standards, tools, and enforcing best practices.
- Work closely with our Certification and Tools team to define the architecture, design, and implementation of the QA automation and performance testing frameworks.
- Have end to end responsibility for complete product quality.
- Drive adoption and management of relevant KPIs.
- Communicate and coordinate with the Software Engineering team, Project Managers, and external stakeholders and customers.
- Integrate QA Automation in CI/CD process.
Who you are
- You love developing and growing people and have a track record of doing it.
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about quality software development.
- You are focused on a world class customer experience for both direct customers and end-users.
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software quality engineers towards delivering timely, high quality solutions.
- You have experience working in an agile development environment.
- You have experience working with ODMs and OEMs and external customers.
- You have a strong background in quality methodologies and the ability to drive them into the culture of the organization.
- You are passionate about open source software, Linux and Ubuntu.
- You take personal responsibility for your team’s success.
- You solicit and implement feedback from your team and the teams you work closely with.
- You continuously strive for efficiency and want to improve processes on a regular basis.
Canonical is an equal opportunity employer