Canonical is the company behind Ubuntu, the leading operating system for container, cloud, and hyperscale computing. The majority of public cloud workloads and large-scale private cloud deployments are on Ubuntu. Ubuntu is also the preferred choice to develop and run applications such as AI or blockchain and leading in IoT with new smart gateways, self-driving cars and advanced robots being developed. Canonical provides enterprise products, support and services for Ubuntu and enterprise open source software.
Canonical's marketing team works across the entire Canonical portfolio of products, from Ubuntu server - the most popular OS in the cloud, to Ubuntu the most popular Linux desktop and Ubuntu Core, the version of Ubuntu for IoT.
The team is looking for a growth engineer, to continue to increase the adoption of Ubuntu and of the commercial services offered by Canonical. You will rapidly iterate and test approaches to lift sales, by lifting traffic, lifting conversions, lifting engagement and retention, and suggest developments across the website, channels, social and product. .
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Work on defining appropriate AARRR metrics depending on the project (Acquisition - Activation - Retention - Referral - Revenue)
- Bringing creative ideas on how to grow those Metrics
- Test ideas and run experiments across channels
- Analyzing behavioral data and users’ feedback
- Exchanging ideas/data/feedback with other departments (Product, sales, top management) in order to present results and make products more user-centric
- Driving traffic to websites, landing pages, apps…
- Discovering, prioritizing and optimizing growth channels
- Scaling and automating growth processes
- Some international travel required
Required skills and experience
- Creativity and out-of-the-box thinking
- Being data-driven, technically curious and willing to experiment
- Some experience with Linux (preferably Ubuntu)
- Python, JS and HTML development skills
- Experience with SEO and content optimisation
- Clear understanding of web analytics, metrics and A/B testing (experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Optimize, etc.)
- Ability to work in a globally-distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation