Canonical is the company behind Ubuntu Linux with over 20 million users globally. IHV Alliances are playing a key role in Canonical growth in the years to come. Hence Canonical is looking for an EMEA business development director to help grow the IHV transacted business for Canonical.
The IHV EMEA Business Development Director will have responsibility for building strategic engagements with named IHVs headquartered in EMEA , and achieved and exceed sales quotas within those partners. The EMEA director must be comfortable positioning and selling open source, services, and technical software solutions to all levels of the organization and across a wide variety of IHV vertical markets.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Exceed, quarterly and annual bookings target for device enablement, application software, and services through the sale of the Ubuntu Core and it’s related product set.
- Carry out initial sales activities as required to develop new pipeline
- Build, execute and maintain an IHV plan, which achieves the tactical, strategic and financial objectives for the assigned set of IHVs
- Manage customer relationships and interactions through all stages of the sales cycle; prospecting to contract closure.
- Work cooperatively with DataCenter Architect/Sales Engineers to increase existing account penetration and overall success in the territory while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Maintain accurate data and forecasts within the SalesForce CRM system across different product lines and various sales cycles.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel, influencers and decision makers in all customer accounts.
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, delivery and management resources, in order to exceed account performance objectives and customers expectations.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's level degree, preferably in engineering or computer science.
- 10+ years or equivalent field experience in enterprise software or technology sales.
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets and winning large accounts.
- Ability to be successful in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self motivation and effectively leverage all corporate resources for joint success.
- Ability to extend existing relationships with any customers/prospects and develop joint strategic sales plans for increased revenue and market share.
- Strong selling, negotiating and relationship-building skills and experience in applying a process-oriented, sales methodology to any customer engagement.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Detail orientated with strong and effective follow-up.
- Self-starter with high energy and drive.
- Proven early stage start-up success.
- Willingness to Travel up to 50% of the time.
- IHV and/or telecom sales experience.
- Open Source and Linux understanding.
- Understanding of hardware challenges