Director of Silicon Alliances - US home-based
What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, “the world’s best free software platform”. Our mission is to realise the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
Business, technology, and personal leadership all come together in the Silicon Alliances team at Canonical. The Director of Silicon Alliances will drive joint initiatives with leading semiconductor companies. Ubuntu is being used in the most advanced fields of technologies. The Director of Silicon Alliances will develop opportunities in complex environments to deliver profitable growth businesses for both the Datacenter and the IoT/Devices groups at Canonical.
As a function lead, the Director of Silicon Alliances role involves managing a team of Silicon Partner Managers, driving and evaluating team performance in the new and ongoing business and product alignment efforts. The successful candidate will be a proven leader with a hands-on approach who can work at both the strategic and tactical level.
The role requires a degree in engineering or science paired with a knack for business development and strategic responsibility.
If you are excited by AI/ML, robotics, self-driving cars, cloud and datacenter management at scale, this is the opportunity to create and collaborate with the leading technology companies in the world as the most innovative open source software partner.
As a Director of Silicon Alliances you will:
- Establish and lead a high performing team of Silicon Partner Managers
- Create the strategic roadmap and business development plans across the entire set of Canonical’s Semiconductor partners
- Be a working manager - this is a hands-on position
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Canonical’s product portfolio
- Build, develop and maintain strong professional relationships between Canonical and our Silicon Alliance partners
- Establish roadmap alignment between technical leadership and product management of Canonical and our partners
- Understand go-to-market initiatives and establish opportunities for our field sales and channel groups to drive business for Canonical
- Work closely with marketing, sales engineering and product management to deliver on targets, objectives and provide a voice of the partner
- Passionate about spearheading new strategic initiatives
- Expert negotiator and influencer
- Rigorous technical or science background and supporting qualifications
- Business and commercial interests, ideally with a relevant degree
- No more than 5-8 years of experience in the semiconductor industry
- Expert at conceptualizing new business models
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level stakeholders
- Ability to travel internationally as required, estimated to be 40% or more
Established contacts and relationships with potential partners a plus.Competencies
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strong Negotiator and influencer
- Creative Thinker
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Thinking
- Results Driven
- Customer Focus
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Team Building
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.