Title: Director of Silicon Alliances
Reports to: Head of Product and Silicon Alliances
Location: US home-based
Business, technology, and personal leadership all come together in the Silicon Alliances team at Canonical. We are looking for a Director of Silicon Alliances to drive joint initiatives with leading semiconductor companies. Ubuntu is being used in the most advanced fields of technologies. This role involves developing opportunities in complex environments to deliver profitable growth businesses for both the Datacenter and the IoT/ Devices groups at Canonical.
As a function lead, this role involves management responsibilities for a team of Partner Managers, driving and evaluating team performance in the new and ongoing business and product alignment efforts. The successful candidate will be a proven leader who has a hands-on approach, a strong understanding of datacenter, embedded, IoT and PC technologies and can work at both a strategic and tactical level. The role requires a strong background in engineering (either hardware or software) paired with an aptitude for business and interpersonal communication.
If you are excited by AI/ML, robotics, self-driving cars, cloud and datacenter management at scale, this is the opportunity to create and collaborate with the leading technology companies in the world as the most innovative software partner.
- Establish and lead a high performant team of Silicon Partner Managers
- Create the strategic roadmap and business development plans across the entire set of Canonical’s Semiconductor partners
- Be a working manager - this is a hands-on position
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Canonical’s product portfolio
- Build, develop and maintain strong professional relationships between Canonical and our Silicon Alliance partners
- Establish roadmap alignment between technical leadership and product management of Canonical and our partners
- Understand go-to-market initiatives and establish opportunities for our field sales and channel groups to drive business for Canonical
- Work closely with marketing, sales engineering and product management to deliver on targets, objectives and provide a voice of the partner.
- Passionate about spearheading new strategic initiatives
- Expert negotiator and influencer
- Experience managing Global Strategic accounts
- Rigorous technical or science background and supporting qualifications
- Business and commercial interests, ideally with a relevant degree
- 5-8 years of experience in the semiconductor industry
- Strong technical aptitude and project management skills
- Expert at conceptualizing new business models
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners.
- Ability to travel internationally as required, estimated to be 40% or more.
- Established contacts and relationships with potential partners a plus.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Strong Negotiator and influencer.
- Creative Thinker.
- Business Acumen.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Results Driven.
- Customer Focus.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Team Building.