Partner Engineer - Server Certification
Ubuntu is the fastest growing Linux distribution, with over 20 million users in just a few years. The project is aimed at reducing barriers to innovation globally by providing free access to an open technology platform.
The Server Certification and Enablement team is responsible for working with partners and customers to ensure that Ubuntu is an amazing experience on their hardware.
As a Partner Engineer (PE) you will be the primary technical contact within Canonical for assigned hardware partners. You will be at the critical intersection of customers, partners, engineering, and business development.
What you’ll do
- Technically support the partner/customer to fulfill contractual obligations
- Educate the partner with regard to Canonical’s tools, processes, and product roadmaps
- Share the technical and organizational knowledge of the partner to grow relationships and smooth integration points
- Test, troubleshoot, and debug issues related to hardware, compatibility, functionality, and performance
- Support Canonical’s business development team on partner engagements
- Serve as a liaison between partner and Canonical product engineering teams on addressing product issues
- Work from home with global travel 2 to 4 times per year for internal and external events
Who you are
- You have experience working with server-class hardware, firmware, and software
- You are a curious, self-directing, problem solver who enjoys working with people
- You love learning new technologies and getting the latest generation hardware to work well with Ubuntu
- You have a strong software development background and experience with Linux software packaging
- You enjoy evangelizing new technologies and the broader picture of the technology ecosystem
- You know your way around Linux systems, virtualization technologies, and cloud computing concepts
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of the world of Ubuntu.