Ubuntu is the fastest growing Linux distribution, with over 20 million users globally. Our goal
within the Sales and Business Development division is to take the Ubuntu Open Infrastructure platform to Financial Institutions, Telcos and Managed Service providers at large scale.
Canonical provides commercial support, consulting and training services to customers who are
deploying Ubuntu, but also supports partners and technical staff to provide best practices and
guidance across their projects. Ubuntu is the most widely deployed OS in the cloud space, and a leader in both public and private cloud deployments.
The Sales Executive will have responsibility for achieving the assigned annual quota through the sales of Ubuntu Advantage products and Consulting services. The individual should be able to prospect target accounts for new business, maintain an existing territory of business as well as work with our inside sales team for account penetration. This is a hunter sales role.
The Sales Executive must thoroughly understand modern compute platforms and be comfortable selling open source, cloud, virtualization, and technical software solutions to all levels of a wide cross section of organisations.
- Work with counterpart to achieve and exceed, quarterly and annual bookings target for subscriptions and services through the sales of the Ubuntu Advantage product set.
- Carry out business development activities to develop the pipeline for the territory.
- Annual Revenue goal $1.5 Million +
- Build execute and maintain a territory plan which achieves both strategic and financial objectives for the assigned region.
- Manage customer relationships and interactions through all stages of the sales cycle.
- Maintaining accurate data and forecasts within the Salesforce CRM system for the assigned territory.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in all customer accounts.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers expectations.