Dedicated Software Engineer - EMEA, Remote
Canonical and Ubuntu are at the forefront of cloud and IoT computing, helping customers master the challenge of operations on hybrid cloud, bare metal, and container-based systems. Most of our team's solutions are based on OpenStack, Kubernetes, and Ubuntu; therefore the ideal candidate has interest or experience with one or more of these. If you have experience or are willing to learn about LXD, Snaps, MAAS, Juju and Ubuntu, this team is the best starting point.
A Dedicated Software Engineer must be a self-motivating and self-managing person who can learn complex technologies quickly. You will be embedded within the customer team and be accountable for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our customer.
Each day you will have to make judgment calls regarding your ticket queue, prioritising it to maximise your effectiveness while setting aside time to learn about our new products and technologies.
If working with some of the smartest people in the industry sounds appealing, and if you like to dig into the code, Canonical might be the place you are looking for!
- You are the front lines of architecture, development, coding, operations, cloud health and the customer’s experience with Canonical Support
- TCP/IP networking, libvirt/KVM virtualization and core Linux operating system skills are a must-have in the course of discussing detailed architecture, guiding customers to successful infrastructure operations.
- Direct/Concise line of communication with customer stakeholders and teams inside of Canonical
- Technically assist with change requests
- Delivery management (SOW, change requests, software engineering/building features from scratch)
- You will also participate in various training sessions, team gatherings and company events
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Development experience
- Demonstrable experience in at least one of the following programming languages - C, Python or Go and contribution to open source projects in the cloud or devices area
- Excellent communication skills and presentability
- High motivation, ability to multi-task and follow-up reliably on commitments
- Interest in customer-facing engagement, including demonstrating and understanding customer environment and needs
- Ability to travel globally for periods up to two weeks; overall 20% travel time