Cloud Operations Analyst - Office Based - Bratislava, Slovakia
- The team provides rotating coverage for core European Day hours including weekends and Public Holidays.
Relocation assistance is available for this position to the Bratislava area
What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu. Ubuntu is the #1 platform for OpenStack and the #1 platform for public cloud operations on AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud. With expertise across open-source technologies we provide consulting, training, support, and fully managed private cloud services for many of the world’s leading companies.
Cloud Operations Analyst
The Cloud Operations Analyst (COA) role is a key role within the BootStack team and is ideal for junior software engineers with experience developing in Python, a passion for distributed systems and an interest in the entire Linux stack - from kernel to networking to virtualization and containers. It is a role that requires rigour in both code and customer interactions. COAs are technically astute, open source enthusiasts who are excited about cloud computing and are ready to join a global team charged with delivering world class services to our customers.
As a member of the BootStack team you will gain experience using a broad range of cloud technologies. Canonical clouds include future upgrades meaning you aren’t stuck working with old solutions or curtailed functionality. Canonical is a technology agnostic cloud leader, incorporating new solutions such as Kubernetes as they become available thus staying up to date with the best open-source offerings.
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Work with helpful and talented engineers including experts in many fields
- Technical management team that understands the details of what we are developing and operating
- A culture of openness and inclusiveness
- Healthcare and Pension
- Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent degree
- Software Development experience and familiarity with Python
- Demonstrated drive for continual learning
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts & technologies and practical knowledge of Linux and networking
What you will learn
- OpenStack and Kubernetes in operation
- Work directly with customers in a range of different businesses
We hope that you’ll join us in helping to shape and build the future of free software together.