The team provides coverage for core European Day hours.
Relocation assistance is available for this position to the Bratislava area
What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu. Ubuntu is the #1 platform for OpenStack and the #1 platform for public cloud operations on AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud. With expertise across open-source technologies we provide consulting, training, support, and fully managed private cloud services for many of the world’s leading companies.
Cloud Operations Analyst
The Cloud Operations Analyst (COA) role is a key role within the BootStack team and is ideal for junior software engineers with experience developing in Python, a passion for distributed systems and an interest in the entire Linux stack - from kernel to networking to virtualization and containers. It is a role that requires rigour in both code and customer interactions. COAs are technically astute, open source enthusiasts who are excited about cloud computing and are ready to join a global team charged with delivering world class services to our customers.
As a member of the BootStack team you will gain experience using a broad range of cloud technologies. Canonical clouds include future upgrades meaning you aren’t stuck working with old solutions or curtailed functionality. Canonical is a technology agnostic cloud leader, incorporating new solutions such as Kubernetes as they become available thus staying up to date with the best open-source offerings.
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Work with helpful and talented engineers including experts in many fields
- Technical management team that understands the details of what we are developing and operating
- A culture of openness and inclusiveness
- Healthcare and Pension
- Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent degree
- Software Development experience and familiarity with Python
- Demonstrated drive for continual learning
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts & technologies and practical knowledge of Linux and networking
What you will learn
- OpenStack and Kubernetes in operation
- Work directly with customers in a range of different businesses
We hope that you’ll join us in helping to shape and build the future of free software together.