Inside Sales Representative - Austin, TX
What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, “the world’s best free software platform”. Our mission is to realize the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organizations. Our services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
The Inside Sales Representative finds, grows, nurtures and following-up inbound leads with a goal of either qualifying these leads to opportunity and then closing them - retiring them towards your personal quota, or passing to your field representative in the geography allocated to you - to close as part of your team target.
There is also a large degree of hunting involved in order to grow pipeline where you would initiate outbound emails, Linkedin and cold calls to customers and/or prospects to identify and qualify leads.
The main focus will be on driving forward and expanding the Open Source business (Cloud, Open-stack, Bootstack, and our tooling ). You will be required to work closely with field sales and sales manager’s/ directors to implement national and regional sales plans, to support introduction of new products and achieving assigned quotas and targets. Your objective will be to identify opportunities in different markets and qualify these to a reasonable BANT level.
Ability to work with inside sales team and assigned field sales team, interact with them to resolve customer care issues, motivate, promote and sell open-source network solutions and products to customers. Good working knowledge of cloud, network architecture, products, industry, and customers. Possess good (telephone) sales skills and business development skills. This is a critical customer contact position requiring good oral and written communication skills including tact and diplomacy. Position requires computer proficiency, and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to work with different cultures. Ability and willingness to learn about Linux and Ubuntu technology
This is a quota carrying role with accelerator bonuses paid for overachievement. The goal will be to overachieve quarter in, quarter out.
As an Inside Sales Representative you will:
- Pursue sales target objectives for assigned territories/field sales associates and conduct long- term sales follow- up to key customers.
- Develop qualified leads for your own quota and also the field (Team Quota) Salesforce through outbound telephone contact and provide field sales with customer, prospect and application information.
- Maintain database with accurate and current customer and prospect information.
- Assist by providing input to Marketing and Sales on product acceptance, lost sales, and predicted specials needed to increase sales.
- Accurately update, maintain and create pipeline by using the organisations chosen CRM system. (Sales force)
- Assist with the development of new concepts, and changes/improvements to Standard Operating Procedures and policies. Independently evaluate problems and recommend proactive solutions.
The successful Inside Sales Representative will have:
- Must have FED/GOV experience and understand Contracts.
- Understanding of Cloud and open source technologies.
- 1 year inside sales experience, with cold calling.
- Supervision & Complexity Skills Required.
- Be a critical thinker and able to work through problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Errors in judgment could result in loss of funds, accounts or delays and could affect Company Image.
- Proven track record of over achieving sales targets, in a metrics based environment.
- Detail oriented with strong follow-up skills.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Bachelors Degree required
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D and FSA (starts Day 1)
- 401K (starts Day 1)
- 529 Savings Plan