Job Title: Financial Analyst
Job Class: Permanent
Job Location: London, UK
Travel: Domestic and International (as required)
Reports to: Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Reporting to the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager, the focus of this role is to provide commercial & financial analysis and support to Canonical’s business units. The Commercial Financial Analyst produces decision support models, financial plans and reports to support the management of business priorities and drive the implementation of the commercial agenda.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Operate as a key member of the Finance team in developing and analysing business performance in line with Canonical’s overall strategy
- Support finance team and Executive Managers across key financial areas:
- Monthly business reporting
- Data accuracy validation
- Monitor Key Accounts financial status
- Execution of Sales Compensation models
- Price modelling to support sales teams
- Support Finance Director and FP&A Manager in creation of and updates to company annual budgets, forecasting, and multi-year planning
- Support financial aspects of the sales forecasting process as well as using sales data to flow through to revenue forecasting through an understanding of, amongst others, revenue recognition principles and policy, market dynamics; delivery models; contractual arrangements with key customers; compensation structures; resource planning; competitors performance
- Develop strong working relationships with the internal stakeholders, providing coordinated and consistent tactical financial data & advice, combined with a requisite level of objectivity and challenge to improve financial performance
- Embed rigour into the decision-making process through formal reporting mechanisms
- Participate in formalised business performance reviews, supporting the implementation of initiatives to improve performance, and monitoring indicators to help manage and reduce risk.
- Support multi-functional change projects designed to enhance systems, processes and information to ultimately enhance the decision-making process
- Provide ad hoc reports for the business as required to aid in strategic decisions.
- Be a first port of call for queries from managers and executives in the business.
- Partner with Product Management to plan new products and pricing models, ensuring that Products are designed to be profitable and aligned with strategic plan.
- Partner with Delivery teams to ensure that Products and Commercial Contracts ongoing are being delivered in a efficient and profitable manner.
- Partner with Marketing, Sales Operations, and Sales Management to monitor Pipeline against Budget/Forecast, including identifying and escalating risk when appropriate.
Skills / Experience
- Degree qualified
- Must be in early stages, part qualified, or has intention to complete a recognised accountancy qualification e.g. CIMA or ACCA
- Strong commercial acumen and highly developed analytical skills
- Advanced spreadsheet and data modelling skills, including advanced use of pivot tables, chart creation, and advanced Formulas.
- Experience with Dynamics 365, Salesforce, or Tableau Reporting is advantageous
- Strong impact and influencing skills
- Flexible approach with ability to build strong relationships
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel