Job Title: Executive Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Location: London, UK
Reports to: Claire Newman
General Working hours: 9am - 6pm
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, “the world’s best free software platform”. Our mission is to realise the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
As Executive Assistant, you will support Executives and senior managers within Canonical and deliver a proactive, reliable, consistent and efficient support function. Duties will range from administrative support, managing logistical arrangements and establishing, maintaining and improving processes, through to coordinating team meetings and events and providing effective project management support. You will work to keep those you support focused by anticipating and solving operational and administrative issues before they arise and become problematic.
- Provide support to assigned Executives: complex diary management across multiple time zones, assisting with global travel arrangements, acting as a liaison with other senior directors, submitting expense claims, general administrative tasks such as producing presentations, spreadsheets, emails etc .
- Manage logistical arrangements for regular internal meetings held around the world: assisting with travel and accommodation, meeting scheduling, liaising with attendees and occasionally travelling with the team to provide on-the ground support and ensure events run smoothly.
- Working closely with other Operations team members, responsible for coordinating suppliers and stakeholders on projects, establishing workflow and process.
- Undertake specific projects as required to the support the operations of the business as a whole.
- Supporting the HR team in arranging interviews for potential candidates for assigned Executives.
- Screening enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate.
- Assist with management of visitors and guests to the office.
- Ad hoc duties as and when required
Required Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience providing a high standard of operational and administrative support at an executive level.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written, and an ability to meet people at their level of experience and understanding
- Project and events management experience
- Willing to travel on behalf of the Company and take part in Company related trips
- Excellent IT skills including email, internet, word processing, spreadsheets, sites and wikis
- Self-driven, results oriented with a positive outlook
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong reactive skills and ability to work with tight deadlines.
- A natural forward planner and able to critically assess own performance
- Reliable, tolerant and determined
- Keen to assume responsibility and accountability
- A team player