Product Manager, Kubernetes - Home Based - EMEA or United States
Must be able to travel globally up to 50%
What is Canonical?
Canonical is the company behind Ubuntu Linux with over 20 million users globally. Ubuntu Is the most widely deployed OS in the cloud space, both on-premise and public infrastructure. Ubuntu also has been a major force in Kubernetes, providing the foundational layer for all major container-as-a-service offerings and strong partner leadership in the Kubernetes space in use cases such as AI/ML, web-scale workloads and container optimization.
Are you excited about Cloud Native and Kubernetes?
The Product Manager, Kubernetes, will gather requirements for updating and driving the Canonical Kubernetes strategy. This is a hands-on role, with ownership of the product, content generation, sales and sales engineering enablement and roadmap responsibility. It will also include expanding and validating additional market fits for solutions based on Ubuntu Kubernetes related technologies.
Working in a global team, the Product Manager, Kubernetes will provide product leadership to internal and external stakeholders, establish a meaningful product strategy with tangible commercial results and increase the market share of Canonical in the Kubernetes market. He/She will have a strong engineering background and is able to assume ownership and representation of the engineering roadmap, ideally possessing a strong systems and networking background and understanding of requirements of enterprise-ready solutions.
As a Product Manager, Kubernetes you will be:
- Maintaining the centralized product requirements document for Kubernetes
- Acting as the primary contact for all Kubernetes related questions and press engagements
- Coordinating with the communications team to determine market messaging, collateral, launch plans, and overall field enablement.
- Engaging with commercial and ecosystem partners that enhance the product both at the point of sale and after-market to help drive recurring revenues.
- Understanding the overall virtualization and cloud market, trends, technologies, and competitors.
- Researching new product areas to determine possible market-ready solutions and ecosystem partnerships.
- Acting as a product champion and expert both externally and internally
- Developing clear and concise product positioning, USP’s and competitive materials to support successful prospect engagement
- Assisting in the development and delivery of webinars and online marketing activities to increase product awareness and solution capabilities to targeted audiences.
- Developing a posture and passion for how we leverage our existing success in developer and desktop enablement and further extend our reach into key markets
- Understanding global markets and how best to align product capabilities and strategies to support growth and local market and language needs.
The successful Product Manager, Kubernetes will have:
- 5+ years experience in product management in a technology company
- B.S./M.S. degree or equivalent experience in an applicable field, preferably Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering or Information Technology
- MBA is a plus; strong sense of commercials is required
- Virtualization, Systems and Cloud background
- Proven early stage start-up success - must be a self-starter with high energy and drive.
- End-to-end software product management experience
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to productively work with a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation, delivering according to a schedule
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option