Who is Canonical?
Canonical is the company behind Ubuntu, the leading Operating System for container, cloud, and hyperscale computing. The majority of public cloud workloads and large-scale private cloud deployments are on Ubuntu. Ubuntu is also the preferred choice to develop and run applications such as AI or blockchain . Ubuntu is also leading in smart IoT with new smart gateways, self-driving cars and advanced humanoid robots being developed on Ubuntu .
With over 2 million monthly visitors our web properties (including ubuntu.com) are a major hub for the developer and open source community. We’re looking for an a web editor to steer the content of the website and grow audience, engagement and conversion.
As a Web Editor you will:
- Conduct content audits and create editorial plans in collaboration with product, web and marketing teams
- Collaborate with SEO and UX experts to identify clear goals for web content
- Connect with content contributors to create regular content and a consistent experience across all Ubuntu channels
- Write and edit web content across web pages, technical tutorials, emails, user interfaces...
- Measure the effectiveness of your projects against defined goals and larger sales/ marketing team goal
- Consult with Product, Web and Marketing to monitor content performance and suggest improvements.
The Web Editor will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or relevant experience
- Editorial and proofreading experience
- The ability to go across technical, marketing or journalistic writing
- The drive and passion to learn new, technical topics quickly
- Proven analytical skills and ability to use analytics and SEO tools and packages to inform decisions
- Brand, micro and marketing copywriting
Good travel opportunities predominantly to the US and Europe.
Great benefits on offer!