Global Communication Manager - London
Canonical is the company behind Ubuntu, the leading operating system for container, cloud, and hyperscale computing. The majority of public cloud workloads and large-scale private cloud deployments are on Ubuntu. Ubuntu is also the preferred choice to develop and run applications such as AI or blockchain and leading in IoT with new smart gateways, self-driving cars and advanced robots being developed.
Canonical provides enterprise products, support and services for Ubuntu. Established in 2004, Canonical is a privately held company.
Canonical’s Communications team is looking for a Communications Manager to help drive the global media and analyst program across all divisions, as well as creating content to be used in IoT marketing activity. Reporting to the Communications Director, this brand new London based role has been created to provide support to a busy and exciting communications function across Canonical.
Working in a dual capacity to support both the cloud division and IoT divisions, the role will collaborate with product marketing, content marketing, event marketing and demand generation team members to drive integrated campaigns and ensure earned media coverage through public and analyst relations.
Communications Manager key responsibilities:
- Working with external agencies in the UK and US to deliver the PR and AR plans.
- Day to day coordination and management of the press office.
- Supporting content development and sign off including press releases, features, bylined articles, internal messaging, developer interviews and blogs.
- Media and analyst event support and attendance, where necessary.
- Creation of marketing content, predominately for the IoT division, including whitepapers, case studies and webinars.
- Liaison with and briefing of spokespeople ahead of PR/AR activity.
- Liaison with external partners and customers to jointly leverage marketing and PR activity.
- Production and distribution management of quarterly analyst newsletter.
- Maintenance of the company press centre.
- Reporting on all communications activities as per business requirements and integrating with existing marketing analytics.
The Communications Manager will be required to have the following:
- Degree level education preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in media or analyst relations at an agency or in house
- Additionally, broader experience in content creation and wider marketing activities beneficial.
- Ability to influence and engage with a range of stakeholders from senior management to software engineers.
- Experience in, or a good understanding of the B2B technology space with a passion for technology especially cloud and the internet of things.
- Good understanding of how to leverage communications work through wider marketing channels.
- Superior English-language communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent organisational skills.
Good travel opportunities predominantly to the US and Europe.
Great benefits on offer!